cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0252E Function fopen() failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having this error when I try to read the log of the actions from DB13 (i.e. CHECKDB or UpdateStatistics):

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for 'C:\oracle\PRD\sapcheck\cdziivsp.chk' at location file_printout-4

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

External program terminated with exit code 5

The CHECKDB works propertely, bat I can't read the Detailed Log. If I read the Detiled Log from the DB13OLD, it works fine, I can read the log without problems.

The environment variable SAPCHECK is = r:\oracle\PRD\sapcheck. And the log is saved in this directory.

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check to see if you have read / write permission on the directoty... 'C:\oracle\PRD\sapcheck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I don't need to access the directory 'C:\oracle\PRD\sapcheck', because the log are stored at directory

'r:\oracle\PRD\sapcheck' and I want to access this directory.

I don't understand why DB13old reads the log from R: and DB13 tries to read the log from C:

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

Was ever the spacheck folder to C:\? Was it recently changed? Have you copied the user's environment to registry using ntenv2reg?

In most of the cases of those "weird" errors, the cause is a bug - either of the br* executables or of the transaction and the program executed.

So, the easiest thing to try first is to download and use the latest patch of the DBA br* tools.

Regards,

Konstantina

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DB13OLD doesn´t apparently know the environment variable you set. Did you set it for both users ?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB13 don't shows the log

DB13OLD shows the log correctly

I have defined now the environment variable for SAPCHECK for user SAPServicePRD and the issue continues.

The note 865523 doesn't apply because the level of SAP_BASIS is SAPKB70015

Edited by: Enrique rodriguez on Nov 25, 2008 10:41 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does init<SID>.sap reflect the correct directory?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks a lot for your help Markus,

I don't have this kind of variables in the initPRD.sap.

I have added the parameter SAPCHECK in initPRD.sap and the result is the same. I haven't restarted the system, I have to restart it?