cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM repository taking huge time to load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to mount the repository for SRM-MDM into my remote system but it is taking huge time to upload it. Right now it took 5 hours in production to get uploaded.

Could it be related to workflows issue?Like somebody told me that a high number of workflows does have an adverse effect on performance of the repository If yes, then can u explain the question below:

How do we ensure that the Workflow issue is really the cause of the lengthy time to load the repository?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gaurav,

As others have mentioned , loading with update indices would take a long time. You need to do load with Indices any time there is a large volume data load is done. Subsequently - if server had not crashed - load immediate is sufficient.

After you have done the load, please review in that specific Repository >> Reports >> Load log.

Here each of the steps of the load ( by each table ) would be listed. This would give an idea of which tables are taking what time to load.

Workflow definitions by themselves would not take too much time to load. However 'completed' 'failed' workflows ( if in large numbers) can affect. Once you have collected the above statistics, please see if you can delete the 'completed'/'failed' 'workflows' and try to do the load again and see if there is a change. Unfortunately there is no easy way to look at all such workflows easily in data manager. You would have to log on as each user who executed workflows and process them . ( It depends on how workflows have been defined in your system).

If you could post your findings, it would help rest of the MDM community.

Thanks

Siva K.

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

First, there is a significant difference between the loading time for loading with or without indices. If the indices are created once, there is normally no need to load the repository with indices again. u201CLoading with Update Indexesu201D might take really long time.

What you can do in order to improve the loading time

1)

Set the CPU count= {actual number of CPUs} parameter accordingly(hyper threading does not count). Repository loading is a multi-stage process and some of the stages run in parallel to some extend if CPUs are available.

2) Inspect the Data Model. MDM performance in general and load time in particular strongly depend on the data model. Please refer to u201CHow to Avoid Problems with your Data Model in SAP NetWeaver MDM u2013 Dou2019s and Donu2019tsu201D document on SDN under follow link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0d8aa53-b11d-2a10-aca2-ff2bd42a....

Ok, for the SRM-MDM scenario you are using a u201Cstandardu201D SAP repository. But anyway, check, for example, the u201CSort Indexu201D property of your fields. Usually, there are some possibilities for improvements.

I believe, workflows are not the issue (as long as you donu2019t have millions of workflows)

Regards, Mihail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

There are many tables related to workflows at database level but I dont think number of entries in Workflows table will impact much on loading because it is a one time activity and need not to load this information in memory but when workflows are in running state then it is necessary to store that info in memory. Look for other factors posted above to reduce some time for loading

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I dont think Workflow records impact the loading of repository unless the they are running or occupies some memory. There are variuos other factors which affect the loading of repository:

1. Keyword

2. Sort Index

3. Text Large fields

4. Records present in the repository

5. Multimedia objects like Images, Sounds, Videos etc.

In your case set Keyword = Normal for the fields having less number of distinct values because at the time of loading all the values are stored in memory. Also set the sort index property only for the desired fields.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the related info and please revert.

One way to check this is to measure the time that takes for the tables A2i_DATA_10_WF* to be loaded in the server (those are the tables related with workflows) and the amount of entries in the database for the workflows.

So how could we check the table in MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can refer to Note no 1138862 - SRM-MDM Catalog Performance.

Also refering to the below link you will get an idea that workflow added in a repository can surely impact the performance as the memory used and the no of users assigned to various coneurrent tasks of workflows play a major role in downgrading the performance.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60ec1de2-76c6-2a10-7198-fa4e9dd0...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the related info and please revert.

One way to check this is to measure the time that takes for the tables A2i_DATA_10_WF* to be loaded in the server (those are the tables related with workflows) and the amount of entries in the database for the workflows.

So how could we check the table in MDM?