Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing a tcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys

Greeting for the day.

I have a problem,

My manger asking me to remove a tcode for a particular user in production server.

Where we configured with composite and derived role concept.

I can remove that particular tcode from that role directly in production server ???

Plz suggest me.

Thanks & Regards

Dilip Pasila

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh dear....

It might be possible to do this, but I think it should be clear that you should not do it....

You should remove the tcode from the menu of the master role in your development client... and test the changes...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

As per u suggestion i tested in DEV and QAS, its working .

If make changes in child role in development server.

while doing transport , it might effect to composite roles????

Thanks & Regards

Dilip Pasila

0 Kudos

If you change the child role directly, then it will become a role on it's own and no longer be updated from the parent role.

Again, you can do that but considering what derived roles are intended for, you should not.

However it is possible to build derived roles up to a certain point and then break them free from the parent role and only keep the parent role as a reference.

A bit like raising kids...

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My manger asking me to remove a tcode for a particular user in production server.

In addition to Julius, please explain to your manager the concept of role based access control. That my help in getting rid of requests like the one you got

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all...

From SUIM tcode users by complex selection criteria am giving the role name in the role field and tansacton code in the transactioncode field after execute me got a user name...but in that role(goint through pfcg) i wont be able to find that perticular tcode...but again in this SUIM it listing that role containing the tcode...

so how can i find that perticular tcode in the role...is it any chance to hide a tcode in role...

thanx in advance...

JIJI

0 Kudos

The results you get from SUIM depends on which report you use.

Some of the reports look at the Menu elements of PFCG. Therefore, you will only get the results for those transactions assigned in the Role's user menu.

However, if you use the reports in the "Where used" section of SUIM, you can then search for values in the authorisation objects.

eg. to find a transaction assignment, I would use the Authorisation Values --> In roles report and then enter S_TCODE as the authorisation object.

That way you can report on roles which contain the authorisation for the specified transaction rather than just having it in the user menu.

By adding it directly in S_TCODE and removing it from the role, you can effectively hide the transaction but again, I wouldn't do that either!!

Simon