cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing_indexes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I have a issue where the secondary indexes are missing on production and i have checked the status and found that the index is not avilable in the database.I have created the index with help of se14 and its solving my issue.

Problem is when i monitor after two days again i see the warning exist in db13.

please help in resolving the issue.

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZCSKA

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZCSKB

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZCSKU

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZSKA1

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZSKAT

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: ERROR, type: MISSING_INDEX, object: (table) SAPSR3.ZZSKB1

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before doing anything else, please can you analysis the missing index.

Run report RSANAORA in se38 for mentioned index

it solve the issue most of the time.

regards

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this has nothing to do with statistics. he must create an index for these tables.. or drop these tables if they are of no use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

For the MISSING_INDEX warning, this is caused by the following:

- The index is defined in the ABAP Dictionary but is missing in

the database

- The index is created in the database but is unknown to the

ABAP dictionary

Please first drop and then recreate these indexes.

Firstly I would ike to recommend to you to update your br*tools version to latest.

MISSING_STATISTICS CHECK

This condition checks to see whether there are tables or indices that do not have statistics, although they should have these. The object field is not specified for this condition. This condition has no checkng operands, threshold values or value units.

Please check that the update and check optimizer statistics jobs are scheduled regularly.

As of Oracle 10g, statistics must exist for ALL SAP tables. You can use the following statement to check whether there are still SAP tables without statistics under 10g.

SELECT

T.OWNER,

T.TABLE_NAME,

TO_CHAR(O.CREATED, 'dd.mm.yyyy hh24:mi:ss') CREATION_TIME

FROM

DBA_TABLES T,

DBA_OBJECTS O

WHERE

T.OWNER = O.OWNER AND

T.TABLE_NAME = O.OBJECT_NAME AND

T.OWNER LIKE 'SAP%' AND

T.LAST_ANALYZED IS NULL AND

O.OBJECT_TYPE = 'TABLE';

When the system returns tables, the reason for the missing statistics should be identified and new statistics should be created.

You can update those tables which are missing statistics in DB20 and also do brconnect -u /-c -f stats -t missing

Hope by using this solution, you don't get warning again.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Schedule Update statistics job through DB13. Once job completed, schedule Check DB.

Check the results.

Regards,

Ganesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your developers probably created the new tables and did not create indexes.

or, someone in your BASIS team made copies of existing tables for backup or testing and left them there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a guess:

These are not SAP tables, but tables created at your site;

maybe in the meantime someone dropped the tables, and recreated them?