cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content not visible in portal content area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue when i navigate to systemadministration->support. I cannot see any thing in the portal content area when i click on support workset which is under system admin. Both the support desk and Webdynpro test tools are visible in the detailed navigation but content is not displayed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Does the user with which you are trying contain relevant portal roles to view this? Can you try the same with the user "administrator" and see if it works? If you are using another user, try assigning the following portal roles

pcd:portal_content/administrator/support_role/support_admin_role

If the UME is connected to a backend ECC system, assign the following role in the backend system too:

SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT

Try this out and let us know.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaaz,

I tried even with the administrator . Earlier it worked fine..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmn.. thats weird.. I have not come across such a situation. May be you can check the default trace when you click the link on the detail navigation menu in portal. See if it gives anything useful. (i am not sure).

Ive come across a similar problem. but it got fixed up when i restarted SAP. So, i cannot propose this as a solution..

Cheers,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaaz,

even i tried the restart and when i click on detailed navigation also i cannot see any thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the default trace when you click on the detailed navigation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. there is nothing in that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the same in an another system mightbe there is some problem with the browser.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamsi,

I checked in the other systems too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved. There was some problem with default layout par file in the portal .I imported that par file from other portal and uploaded that into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please the process how did u import par file from other system .

How to check this corrupted par file . i have the same issue .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to portal and navigate to System admin->support ->browse deployment. There you can find the available par files. In that search for com.sap.portal.layouts.default.par.bak and download that . Use NWDS and import that par file into NWDS and from there u can export par to the portal in which you are having a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ..

Can we generalize this issue . will "com.sap.portal.layouts.default.par.bak " help for below issue .

I had problem when i was accessing User Administration tab . Under this i can see three sub tabs . out of three i could open two ( Imports and activity reports) but could not open identity management .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we can generalise that. The issue I got was the default layout file was corrupted because of which I was able to see the pages which has three blocks(in portal the pages will be genrally divided as some containing two blocks and some containing three blocks -- For ex you can see when u navigate to content admin ->portal content the page will be in three blocks(favourites,browse,overview) and if u navigate to system admin->support the page will be two blocks) . but i had problem with pages having two blocks . So I thought there is a problem with layout file and tried the solution which i mentioned.

But i dont think this will work for you as you have problem with identity management only.

As an initial try u can delete the cookies and temp files in the client system and try once. And observe if u r getting any java script error at the bottom of ur browser.