cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document on MII OLAP Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anybody have a detailed document describing steps on how to retrieve data using OLAP connector in MII V.12 from SAP BI?

Regards,

Manesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manesh,

The doument can be found on the [xMII Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/xMII/Main] via the Connectivity page.

Here is the direct link: [How to Connect to the SAP Business Information Warehouse using xMII |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/458ba574-0a01-0010-2aab-d1ee76ee9820]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerard,

I have this document. Most importantly what I would like to know is how to integrate this data with MES data in MII? The document doesn't explain this. Also if I require to reteive data from multiple queries, how would I acheive doing this?

Would you be able to help?

Regards,

Manesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

The document doesn't contain that additional information because query result sets work the same no matter what the datasource, be it sql, tag, xml, olap, etc. For example, you can use Business Logic Service transactions to combine data, restructure it, and do calculations on it, and then retrieve the output using an XacuteQuery.

You may want to consider taking an MII training class to supplement your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the reply.

As per the architecture I read through, using OLAP connector you dont need to use XI as an interface to connect to BI, isn't it? As per my understanding you can directly query from MII to BI.

I have attended MII training done by SAP. Retrieving data using OLAP query is not covered in the course content, even though they have mentioned that it is possible.

Regards,

Manesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Can I post one more question to you?

We have the option of using OLAP connector to query on BI queries. Also JCO can be used as well to get the result from BI queries, if I am not wrong.

Can SAP XI serve the same purpose?

Regards,

Manesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manesh,

I don't know that much about XI - you may want to post a question on the XI forum or do some research in the SAP Documentation.

Kind Regards,

Diana