cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picking location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Under LE -- Shipping -- Picking -- Determine PIcking Location -- Assign Picking Locations:

The assignment is as follows:

CH01 (Shipping Point)

1200 (Plant)

__ (Storage Conditions)

1200 (Storage Location)

SLoc 1200 is used for outbound deliveries. SLoc 1400 is used for Service Inbound (goods here can be brought under unrestricted category also).

Now the issue is, In the sales order, by default i can see only plant, but not SLoc. If I click F4, I can see both 1200 & 1400. My client does want to see 1400 because end user may select it for outbound process.

As SLoc is determined in delivery by default, but if I select SLoc 1400 in order, I am not able to change it in Delivery. I am able to do PGI from this SLoc (1400). This should not happen.

How can I restrict 1400 to be as an option in dropdown menu? I should not see it as an option.

Hope I am clear. Please guide me. Points will be awarded.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vamsi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid this you need to get determine your Picking Location in Sales Order itself. To determine Picking location in Sale Order, there is no configuration available and it has to be achieved using exit USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB.

Maintain a zee table with the values based on which you want the Picking location determination to happen. In the exit ask your abaper to write the code to pick up the relevant recors based on the criterion and then fetch the picking location. This way picking location will be automatically populated in the sale order.

Hope this will Help

Viswanath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Storage locations (picking locations) are defined under plant in Img in the enter prise structure

In sales order as per standard process Plant comes automatically thro CMIR,CMR,MMR

But storage location will not get determined automatically

It will get determined only in del doc according to MALA,RETA,or MARE which we define in delivery type

But storage location if manually entered in sales order then it will be copied to delivery at that time these rules wont get applied

Coming to your issue

Whatever the storage locations defined under a plant will come as a options in F4 in sales order so that you can choose

If you want to avoid this you have to use userexit MV45AFZZ which will make storage locations get determined automatically in sales order

There are a lot of posts on this issyue

Limiting the options can be achieved through development only in your case and not by any config settings according to me

I am also waiting to get more inputs on this issue

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 25, 2008 1:30 PM