Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to fill Requirment...........

I don't know Exactly Material Code while creation the Sales Order...and i know Quantity and Material Description and Value.

My 1st question is.......Shall i Enter quantity/material Description and Value in my Sales Order.is this Possible.

Is thr any other way to fill this Requirment.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venky,

If, I am not wrong with my understanding to your requirement, You want to create Sales Order w/o Material Code and with entering Quantity, Material Description etc..only.

Am i right?

If so, its not logical at all and Standard SAp does not allow the same as in VOV8 (for your Sales Doc. Type), you will find "Incompletion Procedure - 11" as greyed (non-modifiable).

But, you check with "Incompletion Procedure", assigned to Sales Order Item (i think, Incompletion Procedure - 11). With the help of your ABAPer, you may define your Incompleteness Procedure (a copy of Standard Incompletion Procedure - 11, with modification i.e. Z - Incompletion Procedure)

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Log of Incomplete Items --> Define Incompleteness Procedure

modify/ exclude your Technical Requirement for VBAP-MATNR; from so that Sysem will not restrict to create S. O. w/o material.

Once created, Assign your Z - Incompletion Procedure (for Sales Order Items) to your Sales Order Doc. Type:

Path: SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Log of Incomplete Items --> Assign Incompleteness Procedure

IMP.: My sincere advic is to create Z - Sales Doc. Type (a copy of standard one) and then assign your Z - Incompletion Procedure to Z - Sales Doc. Type

Best Regards,

Amit

NOTE: Excuse me, If I mis-understood your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What my Exactly Requirment you Understood .

I Modified in my Item level Incompletion log and i Added Quanity filed....but still The Quantity filed in DIsply mode.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venky,

Quantity Field (i.e. VBAP-KWMENG) is in display mode, means you are unable to key-in quantity in to the field?

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is posssible with CMIR (customer - material info record ) If it is already maintained then ok other wise you have to create the customer - material info record with T.Code VD51. There enter the original material (code) number / name and enter the customer material number / name then save. While creating sales order you can enter the customer material number and Quantity in the sales order VA01 in Ordering Party Tab. System will automatically take the original material Code.

Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yes posssible. Maintain the customer - material info record in VD51. There enter the original material num / name & then the customer material num / name. Then you can enter the customer material num / name in the sales order VA01. System will automatically take the original material num.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

if u want to enter material description instead of naterial no. in the sales order,

go to vov8, in that u will find the field entry type, in that u will have the following options,

1) enter with material no.

2) enter with material order no. and product catalog determination

so, by using above options we can make the possible.

if this is not ur requirement, as per ur situation, we can trace the material no. if u know the material description or plant.from the line item itself.

regards,

ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ram has given me Relevant answer............i checked in VOV8 Sales Document List.

i need to Enter Sales Order with Material Description and Quantity......

I can see in SAles Documents Overview Screen "Material Entry Type"

Enter with material number

A Enter with matl order no. and product catalog determination

B Enter with material number and product catalog determination

I maintained by maintaing A but still iam getting Quantity Filed Display mode.

Thanks in Advance

Reagrds

raj

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

If you have maintained Customer Material in VD51, then in that case, in sale order, if you input customer material code, it will automatically take the corresponding delivering plant's material code.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All my client Products are MTO.....once Engg Dept confirm the BOM the we can find the Product code.

Engg Dept will receive the Material Description through Sales Order.So i need to create the Sales Order w/o Product code.

I tried in Sales Order w/o entering the Material Code...system accepting to Create and i giving me Internal Number.but The Quanity field automatically going in Display Mode.

Please Revert me Back if you need more Clarity...

Thanks in Advance

Regards

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question itself sound confusing... so be more clear so that we can provide you the solution...

Hrishi