cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration or R3and apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Could you tell me, what are the integration of R3 and APO/DP, APO/DS?

I am working on APO/DP scenario.

Thanks in Advance!

Kind Regards,

Nilesh Ithape

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Integration of R3 and APO/DP indicates setting up of transfer of data scenario between R3 and APO DP outputs like forecast, PIRs etc., Once this is established, the finalised APO DP PIR forecasts can be transferred from APO DP to R/3 directly. This is helpful in transferring demand planning results to R/3 user for execution purposes.

Hope this helps. Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

could you provide me how I can check my PIR details, Forcast details in APO

and also how I see the pocedure of transfering in data in from APO to R3 and R3 to APO.

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh Ithape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Core interface is the interface between APO and R/3 and Protocal is RFC.For demand planning data is extracted from R/3 to APO BI cube using standard extraction methods.From the Infocube we fetch data to the Planning area in the demand planning.

Transfer the Demand Plan to R/3:

You can transfer demand plan from Info provider or by using transfer Profile.

1)You have to transfer the Product and Location Master from R/3 to APO by creating Integration Model and Activating Integration Model.(Until unless you have product and location master in APO you cannot transfer the demand to R/3)

2)You have to maintain Distribution Defination(Publication) in spro.

3)A planning buckets profile which you are using in the data view must be with one periodicity only (if it contains more than one periodicity, the job is aborted with an error)

4)Only the key figure(s) that you want to transfer to SAP R/3

You have to set the planning strategy of each material in SAP R/3 in MRP View in Material Master if not you can set it in APO.

Process Flow

a. Create a transfer profile.

b. Create an activity.

c. Create a planning job.

d. Schedule the planning job.

e. Review the job results in the job log, and take any necessary action.

PIRS are displayed in the MD63 transaction in the R/3.

Note:

For SNP,PPDS,GATP transaction data and the master data is transfered by using CIF.Transaction Data between R/3 nd APO servers is real time.(Integration model should be in Active state)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Actually DP planning releases the UDP (unconstrained demand planning) forecast, but it is not 100% accurate. this forecast known as PIR's.

If you want to release the PIR's(Planned Independent Requirements) fron APO to R/3

and SNP also for the purpose of constrained forecast.

again this forecast is send to PPDS for production.or PP in R/3 side.

when ever we can transfer the data from APO to R/3 or R/3 APO.we need to use CIF(Core Interface)

so, we can transfer master data as well as transactional data from R/3 to APO but there is no chance to transfer master data from APO to R/3.APO master data is CVC's

for this purpose we need to create Integration model in R/3 side as well as activate the IM's using CFM1(creation IM) and CFM2/CFM3 (Activate IM) and CFM6(change IM).

Before that we need to configure ALE for both Systems.

let us...........do this steps

Step -1.

R/3 u2013 Application Link Enabling (ALE)

ALE needs to be set up to allow SAP systems to communicate.

To identify a SAP system a u2018logical nameu2019 must be given to it. This must be unique for each system.

This is done in the IMG using Define Logical System. Access via transaction SALE or

R/3 IMG > Cross-Application Components > Distribution (ALE) > Basic Settings > Define Logical System. For Heineken Starchain the name of the logical system consists of a combination of the machine name and the client number, separated by u2018_u2019 (underscore). For example, client 080 on machine D25 will get logical system name u2018D25_080u2019.

then,

To link the internal SAP system id (u2018clientu2019) to its logical name use Allocate Logical System to Client.

In the details screen the Logical System name is assigned.

Step 2.

R/3 u2013 Remote Function Call (RFC)

A connection must be defined between the R/3 system and the APO system.

This is done in the IMG using Define RFC Destination. Access via transaction SM59, or a menu option from transaction CIF or R/3 IMG > Cross-Application Components > Distribution (ALE) > Communication > Define RFC Destination.

The R/3 connection is given a u2018logical nameu2019 (preferably the logical system name of the destination). Then the characteristics are defined including the type of connection, the target machine (network address of APO box) and the sign on used. For security reasons the sign on user is a CPIC user called CIFREMOTE.

Step -3

R/3 u2013 CIF Target System

The CIF application must be told what RFC connection to use. The system will determine the operation mode (T = transaction events).

This is done using Maintain Target System. This can be accessed via transaction CFC1 or via a menu option from the transaction CIF.

Step-4

R/3 u2013 CIF APO Release Level

To be able to control the downward compatibility of the APO Core Interface, the APO release level has to be maintained in the CIF settings in R/3.

This can be accessed via transaction NDV2 or via a menu option from transaction CIF.

Once the R/3 side has been set up, the APO side needs configuring.

Step-5

APO u2013 Logical System

As in R/3, the APO system must be given a logical name.

Note that the R/3 system is also defined.

APO IMG > R/3 Basis Customising > Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Sending and Receiving Systems > Logical Systems > Define Logical System.

Step -6

APO u2013 Assign Logical System

As in R/3, the system must be assigned to a client.

APO IMG > R/3 Basis Customising > Application Link Enabling (ALE) > Sending and Receiving Systems > Logical Systems > Assign Client to Logical System.

then

APO u2013 Business System Group

APO u2013 Assign Logical Systems to Business System Group

APO u2013 Maintain Global Parameters

R/3 u2013 Maintain CIF Global Parameters

R/3 u2013 Change Pointer Number Range

R/3 u2013 Activate Change pointer for message types

R/3 u2013 Activate Change Pointers

I Hope this is very helpful for you.

If u ant queries let me know.

Regards,

Pullaiah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pullaiah Maddumala

Regarding your comments about R3 and APO CIF, I´m in a little problem due to I need to transfer PIRs from PPDS to APO, however I have obtain PIRs from R3 to APO

Could you please tell waht I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance