cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let me know the usage of def Backend systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Please let me know the usage of Def Backend systems with fields

Thanks

regards

chinna

Edited by: chinna krishna on Nov 25, 2008 5:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here your question is not clear. If you are asking about the backend system then , for SRM there is no master data it turly depends any backend system i.e any ECC and any other ERP.

That we mention in the configuration that which back end we are using for this.

and one more thing for one SRM server you can use n number of back end systems.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish

But i couldnt understand fields in Backend system.

Please let me know

Regards

chinna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krishna

In this Define Backend system . you can define all your backend system and EBp system, Catalog system, SUS ROS system. This configuration helps you to communicate with other system. and it helps to view howm many systems are connected with other systems.This configuration is mother of all configuration.

Define Backend Systems

In this activity, you specify

u2022 Which backend system(s) you are working with

u2022 Which local system you use to run your business scenario

u2022 Whether purchase orders and their follow-on documents (confirmations, goods receipts/service entry sheets, and invoice) are to be created locally in Enterprise Buyer

u2022 Whether contracts from the Sourcing application or from the Bidding Engine are to be created in the backend system (as of backend release 4.6B)

u2022 Whether SAP Supplier Self-Services and SAP Enterprise Buyer are to run in the same client

Requirements

u2022 In the activity Define RFC Destination, you have defined the RFC destinations for your systems.

u2022 In the activity ALE Settings (Logical System), you have defined the logical systems for your systems.

Activities

Define the following:

u2022 Name and description of the system. If you have already defined the logical system in ALE Settings (Logical System) you should use the same description here.

u2022 The RFC destination for the system

u2022 Type and release level of the backend system

In order to create a contract in the backend system, set up a logical system with RFC and system type CM.

If you are using supplier registration with catalog integration, you must enter SUPPL_DIR here. A prerequisite is that you have have made a dummy entry under Logical System.

If you are using SAP SUS and SAP EBP in the same client, you must enter EBP_SUS here.

u2022 Select Local if the system is your local Enterprise Buyer system.

As of SRM Release 4.0, this setting is required for all SRM scenarios. In previous releases, this entry was only required for standalone deployment.

u2022 In the column SLD ID, enter the name of the associated system in the SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD). Prerequisite: The technical name of the local EBP system is entered in the SLD. Make this setting for

o The local Enterprise Buyer system if you exchange documents via the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI). The ID of the local EBP system is located in the SAP Landscape Directory (or LCR). Example: PJC_CLIENT_300

o An external system (for example, SAP PP-MRP or the system of an external provider) from which, you transfer requirements into Enterprise Buyer.

o The SUS System if you use this scenario

o For the SAP Content Integrator (CI). If you use the CI to map product IDs, the SLD-ID must be available for all systems whose product IDs are to be mapped.

Hope this helps you

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthuraman

I have some doubts in fields.Am i right with the following fields usage:

Field RFC not RFC destination should be flagged if logical system is R/3

Field Local should be flagged if logical system is SRM

Field RFC(Dialog) should be flagged if RFC Destination is created with dialog based.

Regards

Chinna

Edited by: chinna krishna on Nov 25, 2008 4:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friends for ur spontaneous response

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Checkbox RFC should RFC destination should be flagged if logical system is R/3

Checkbox Local should be flagged if logical system is SRM