cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our scenerio, we are using budget functionalty of Project system. However, not using the budget release functionalty. So, actual get posted as long as the same is within budget.

My question is like this : If we activate budget release functionalty, posting of actual will be subject to release of budget even if actual is within the budgeted value ?

Need your comment

best regards

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an alternative solution

Closed

regards

Bharat

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would have been nice to share the alternative solution.

Anyway, the requirement you explained is solved in OSS note 599813.

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the configuration with "User status" .

Set an "user status" which does not allow "actual postings" to happen till it is in "active" state

Once the user sets the WBS elem budget to release, he will be required to manually deactivate the

"user status" too in CJ20N etc.

Check this !

Best Regards,

M.Amarendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the availability control will be active for the released amount. for details please refer.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ac/74a8374d4d6f5ee10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

in your budget profile (tcode OPS9) you can set whether it checks on release or not..

if you uncheck the tickbox for release in availability control, then system will check against your overall/annual budget (depending whether you checked overall or not.. so you dont have to do budget release

in short, it depends on your config whether it checks against release or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done budgeting in my project. I have not released the budget.

I have relased the project i.e now the system status is "Rel".

However, without releasing the budget , actuals are getting posted .

My requirement is that no body should post actual cost in project unless budget is released.

Can any body point out or suggest changes in configuration ?

Thanks and best regards

Bharat

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat Sir,

As you released yours project after asssigning budget to WBS elements...that released budget as wel.

Plz check activation type in budget profile.

Plz check status of WBS element it must be like "REL BUDG AVAC". In this case budget release wont require.

Regards

Abhinay

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

basically when you set REL to project the project as per std business transaction allows cost posting (actuals)

if you want to release budget then you must have config as per ramesh's post

then you can release budget via transaction CJ32

if you want no one to post actuals till you release budget then you must first release budget and then REL project object - manage using business process or use of user status to control business transactions as desired

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

make sure availability control is activated..

as abhinay said, check system status if is AVAC (Availabiltiy control) is indicated..

system checks against

if not, activate it using tCode CJBV or you can set for example to automatically activate it during budget allocation.

however, AVAC can only be activated if you have maintained budget. therefore in your process, be sure to make set up where there is budget before(or during) release of WBS. if you release the WBS and AVAC is not set then posting is possible.

your requirement is that no body should post actual cost in project unless budget is released.

to do this AVAC status has to be active and config is set to check against release. in tCode OPSC you can also set the tolerance limits which will be checked by system against postings.