cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing the originals from a DIR attached to a process order (COR2/COR3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Need a help in getting the original contents of a document printed out from a DIR which is attached to a process order or BOM. Client needs to print out the instruction from the DIR when the print the process order.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paddy,

If I understand correctly your issue is to print originals attached to a DIR. Well, you have to accomplish it by the following method,

1. Create an ABAP program / Query to download the attachments/originals of the related DIR.

2. Schedule it as a job to download into a local file / server file directory.

3. Schedule a job in the operating system to scan the content of the file directory and issue print from there automatically to the designated printer. (Some clues on it can be found at sites such as

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000199.htm)

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sojan,

Thanks for the reply. Anyways I think there would be an Abapper required but I was thinking if there was any BAPI or FM to accomplish this?

I was even wondering if I can print the ORIGINALS of the DIR attached as an PRT in Routing (CA03) in the similar fashion.

*Points awarded*

Thanks,

Paddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

The answers to your question is available in the following thread.

/message/682332#682332 [original link is broken]

However I reccommend to download the attachments as mentioned before and mass print it using the procedure described in my initial post. However kindly weigh the merits and demerits of the solution according to your situation.

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sojan,

Thanks for your reply. I went through the thread and saw that most of the function modules listed in the solution are for KPRO. In my case with very less of documents we donot have a content server. The originals are on the network pc and I am using the mount option to link the originals inside a DIR. There is no original checked_in the SAP. That means the programe should identify the link/pointer for the originals inside the DIR and then retrive the original file to print.

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Any updates or advice for me? Did any one came across such a business requirements?

Thanks,

Paddy