cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying BAPI field in Pop up wondow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing an application where I need to have a pop up window on a button click.

On click of that button, Pop up window should display the LONG text field in the BAPI.

Any one has an idea how to map that field to display content in that Pop-up window?

Thanks and regards,

Pradnya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want your message in the window with an OK button. I yes then you can go with confirmationDialog in webdynpro.

You can open a confirmation dialog window and set the text of that window to the text from the RFC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murtuza,

I need to create a pop up on button click. The pop up should disappear on another click.

In that pop up i need to disply the contents, say Long Text of the BAPI.

How to encorporate this?

I could display test Text such as hello in the pop up with the help of one Tutorial. In that tutorial we have created two buttons for Start and Stop pop up. I do not want to create two buttons for this pop up.

Could anyone help me in this?

Thanks and regards,

Pradnya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the following code to create a confirmation dialog.

String msg = <Long Text of the BAPI>; // get the text from the rfc and assign to this string.

IWDControllerInfo coninfo =  wdControllerAPI.getViewInfo().getViewController();
 IWDConfirmationDialog dialog = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createConfirmationWindow(
			msg,
                                                coninfo.findInEventHandlers("Ok"),
                                                 "Ok");
 dialog.open();

Create an event handler with name "Ok".

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera Suresh,

Thank you for your response. I have rewarded you points for "Most helpful answer".

I have another doubt to ask you.

I have tried creating pop up window in application from the PDF "Creating Simple JAva Webdynpro POP UP window " by Paul Nowyj

In the Tutorial he has explained this pop up creation with two buttons. Do we need to create two buttons

and seperate view and seperate window for it?

My application is throwing error due to this POP up inclusion.

Could anyone can suggest some solution?

Thanks and regards,

Pradnya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a text edit UI element on the Popup view and in that view context map the model node from the controller.

Then tie up the model attribute to the text edit UI element.

Hope this helps.

-MLS