Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNSPSC utilization in R/3, ERP

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Customer want to utilize UNSPSC categories in R/3, ERP side. What is the best practice for this ? Is there any customer examples ? Do they use Material Group = UNSPSC ? or use EAN field in the Material Master ?

Regards,

Masa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

UNSPSC: United Nations Standard Products and Services Code

UNSPSC code will be mapped to a material group it he

In our project, we created Z- Function module 'ZMATGRP_SPSC_MAP' is used

in the BADI for getting the material group by exporting the SPSC_CODE

Provides an open, global multi-sector standard for efficient, accurate classification of

products and services. Search the code on this website to locate commodity codes that can be used by your company.

Do let me know if you have any clarification

Hope it wil help||

Regards

Shrinivas

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

I believe it may be possible since in ECC 6.0 , we do have COMM_HIERARCHY in ecc 6.0 . here first you may load the necessary UNSPSC codes and map with your material group as suggest by Shrinivas.

For eg UNSPSC

45.12.15.04 Digital cameras .This 04 is a material group.

EAN- is a Europian Article number (In wequivalent in EBP i.e GTIN Gloabl trade identification number)

Big organisations design their own classification model like UNSPC depends upon their business needs.

please check it up.

Shrini - can you check it up what is stanadard FM they used for mapping. Is any entry in COMM_HIERARCHY in ECC .

regards

Muthu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer will use 10 digit UNSPSC code. I found Product Hierarchy field MARA-PRDHA in the Material Master. It looks we can define the hierarchy with multiple level. Where I can define this Product Hierarchy? I could not find the IMG activity.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Define Product Hierarchies

You can find this in below mentioned path.

*SPRO>IMG>Logistics - General>Material Master>Settings for Key Fields>Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution>Define Product Hierarchies *

I understand this is mostly used to download products from CRM to R/3,the same hierarchy is mainted in CRM .when products are transferred from CRM to R/3 the Product category sits in this fiield.

In this step, you define product hierarchies which you can use for statistical analysis or pricing, for example, or you can change their structure. The product hierarchy groups materials by combining different characteristics. Each characteristic is represented by a specific product hierarchy level.

Example

A product hierarchy can be structured as follows:

Level Example Description

1 00001 Electrical appliances

2 00002 Household appliances

3 00000003 Wet appliances

In this example, a dishwasher belongs to product hierarchy 000010000200000003.

Standard settings

In the standard system, the product hierarchy consists of up to 3 levels. The first and second levels have 5 digits and the third level has 8. The maximum number of digits is 18 and the maximum number of levels is 9.

You can define hierarchy nodes at the individual levels of the product hierarchy.

From the initial screen you can branch to the following steps:

Product hierarchy structure

In the Data Dictionary, you can change the structure of the product hierarchy (e.g. the number of levels).

Data entry/display

Here you define the display of the product hierarchy and the format of the accompanying text.

Product hierarchy

Here you define your product hierarchies.

Field catalog for pricing

Here you make fields of the product hierarchy structure available for use in pricing.

Field catalog for the Logistics Information System

Here you make fields of the product hierarchy structure available for use in the Logistics Information System.

Actions concerning the product hierarchy structure

Structuring the product hierarchy

The product hierarchy can be structured via DDIC structure PRODHS. In the standard system, a product hierarchy can be created with up to three levels. The individual levels can contain the following number of digits:

Level number of allowed digits

1 5

2 5

3 8

This can be changed as of Release 3.0, where it is possible to extend the maximum number of levels to 9.

If you want to change the standard setting of PRODHS, e.g. you want to change the number of levels, proceed as follows:

1. Create an appropriate domain in the Data Dictionary (type CHAR with the required length).

2. Assign these domains to the standard data elements PRODH1, PRODH2, ..., PRODH9.

Please note that you should use these standard data elements.

3. Change the structure PRODHS by creating or deleting fields with reference to the data elements.

Choose ZZPRODHN as field name, where n is the position of the field in the structure PRODHS.

Example

You want to change the structure of the product hierarchy from 5/5/8 digits to 5/5/5/3. Proceed as follows:

Create the following domains:

ZPRODH3 with length 5, category CHAR,

ZPRODH4 with length 3, category CHAR,

Change structure PRODHS:

Strucutre PRODHS in the standard system:

Structure Fields Data element Category Length

PRODHS ->

PRODH1 PRODH1 CHAR 5

PRODH2 PRODH2 CHAR 5

PRODH3 PRODH3 CHAR 8

Changes according to example:

Structure Fields Data element Category Length

PRODHS ->

PRODH1 PRODH1 CHAR 5

PRODH2 PRODH2 CHAR 5

PRODH3 PRODH3 CHAR 5

ZZPRODH4 PRODH4 CHAR 3

Note

The structure PRODHS and the data elements PRODH1, ..., PRODH9 are only provided by SAP with Release 3.0 and can be changed by the customer from this point onwards.

Conversion routines for INPUT/OUTPUT

The product hierarchy can be assigned to a conversion routine. The name of the conversion routine is PRODH. The output template can be defined in Customizing (see below).

The separators used in the template are not allowed for maintaining the product hierarchy nodes.

Example:

If the template is _____/_____/__________

The symbol "/" cannot be used when maintaining the product hierarchy nodes. In this case, the following entry would not be allowed: 123456/79012345678

Text concatenation

The description of a product hierarchy can be determined via concatenation, if required.

Proceed as follows:

1. Determine the node preceding the current node

2. Concatenate the description of the subsequent node with the description from the preceding node.

The text concatenation is valid for the entire product hierarchy, the concatenated text has a length of 20. Text concatenation can be activated/deactivated in Customizing (see below).

Note

Make sure during text concatenation that the text of the product hierarchy does not come from table T179T. In this case function module RV_PRODUKTHIERARCHIE_TEXT_GET is available.

Allowed symbols for product hierarchy nodes

If you have stored a template for the conversion routine, the separators in the template are not allowed.

Actions concerning data entry/display

You can make two settings regarding the layout of the product hierarchy and the format of the product hierarchy text:

1. Enter a template for displaying the product hierarchy. This template defines the length of the individual levels and the separators.

Note that the character used to separate the levels in the template cannot be used in the product hierarchy nodes.

2. The description of a product hierarchy node can be determined by concatenation if required.

If you activate text concatenation, the text for one level is added to the description of the higher level and then output. The text of the first level appears at the beginning followed by the text of the second and third levels. Text concatenation applies to the complete product hierarchy. The concatenated text can have a maximum of 20 characters.

Do not activate text concatenation if you only want to issue the description of the hierarchy levels created for these levels when the product hierarchy was defined.

Actions concerning the product hierarchy

The product hierarchy can be freely defined and include up to three levels. The SAP System checks the entry in the field product hierarchy during master data maintenance and copies it to the SD document. The separators used in the template cannot be used in the product hierarchy.

Note

Via a matchcode you can search specifically for material master records with a product hierarchy.

Analyze the product hierarchies in your organization and define their representation in the SAP System.

1. Assign a characteristic value to the individual levels of your product hierarchy: a 5-character value to levels 1 and 2, and an 8-character value to level 3. The level number is determined automatically.

A product hierarchy node encompasses a characteristic value of a maximum of 18 characters.

2. Enter a description for the product hierarchy.

Actions concerning the field catalog for pricing

The product hierarchy can be used for functions in pricing. Then the fields of the product hierarchy structure must be entered into the field catalog for pricing.

Enter the fields of the product hierarchy in the field catalog.

Actions concerning the field catalog for Logistics Controlling

The product hierarchy can be used for statistical analyses in the Logistics Information System. The fields of the product hierarchy structure must then be entered in a field catalog for the Logistics Information System.

Enter the product hierarchy in a field catalog. You can refer to field catalog 'VPHI', which displays the standard settings.

Thanks

Arshad

Edited by: arshad ahmed on Mar 3, 2010 8:10 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Please help me my srm issue. please see my post. I heard you from your Petron colleges here in Phil. please help

Thanks!

chrisell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

In our SRM implementation , we use our own custom Product categories. For Catalog items , wherein the Vendor is using UNSPSC

classification for their Products, we use BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

It enables the Product Category to be inserted in the Shopping cart on the basis of the punch-out data received from supplier catalog.The incoming UNSPSC code from the supplier is mapped to our specific Product category using custom tables.

Whenever new catalog vendors are set up , we maintain the custom tables for mapping the UNSPSC codes with our own product categories.

Regards

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

The best thing would be to have UNSPSC code entered in the 'material group' field. So that there will not be a need for any mapping between the local material group and UNSPSC. But I think its difficult to change is master data if the customer is using his material groups for long time.

I suggest using the field 'External Material Group' and synchronise the SPRO by constantly uploading the UNSPSC code. This is simple as EAN has different standards.

My two cents.

Regards,

Ramesh.