cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake SDN site.... ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I was browing the other day and found an ad in a website with "SAP" logo which says SDN is the best place to find code samples, discussions etc etc.... I was surprised to see that (I was wondering why SAP is placing ads in other sites??) and was curious ...obviously clicked on that ad. Unfortunately it took me to another site sap.sdn.com and needless to say that its not the actual SDN !!... but this site also displays sdn.com in left hand corner !! They also gave couple links for code saples(apart from many other links like free wireless, internet etc etc) and I stopped then and there itself !!

Can SAP do something about this - someone using SAP's logo and SDN to redirect to wrong site??

<b>Mark / Craig:</b> Let me know in case you want me to give you the site where I found that ad.. I can email you(for obvious reasons.. )

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, we have been running ads in other sites. We are trying to spread the word about the benefits of SDN to people who may not have heard of us yet.

Unfortunately, it appears that our ad agency has made a huge error and linked the ad to the wrong URL! We alerted the agency earlier this morning, and they are working on this issue as a high priority.

Please feel free to continue sending information directly to me as you come across it (baohuong.phan) or to Craig if that's easier for you (hope that's okay with you Craig!).

Thanks again.

-Bao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bao,

I sent the info regarding the site where I found the ad to Craig. Hope that may help you in tracking where things went wrong !!

In the email sent to Craig, I also mentioned that I will try to take a screenshot and send in case I come across this again...

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Bao!

Thanks for jumping in here!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

As far as I know, the sdn.com domain is parked or expired

owned by a Chinese company. Whois is telling me that.

Eddy