cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I came across a book called "Enterprise Data Management with SAP NetWeaver MDM" and I'm interested in knowing about this scenario. The texts about EDM talk about basic data cleansing and central data management. But i'm unable to get a clear picture about this! I've never seen this name in MDM presentations too. Is EDM an MDM based business scenario? All valid inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Swarna Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

EDM- Enterprise data Management is a Management technique used for Handling DATA at all levels.

MDM -Master data mangement is a part of EDM as it deals with specifically one kind of Data and that is Master data.

Many activities come under EDM right from Data migration to Data reporting through BI ,is all part of Enterprise Data mangement .

MDM deals with cleansing and deduplicating the master data used by the enterprise.It also takes care of data accuracy and completeness and enrichment of master data.

EDM can be used along with MDM to bring an end to end data control process right upto the point of Central creation of accurate data.

Have a look at the below links,it will give you a clearer picture on the same:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ae9874-109c-2910-f48a-e91f0cdd...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto