cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export info to Exel for a web dynpro screen?

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a report in Web dynpro using a table format to show the info. Now I would like to add a button at the bottom and when I click on that, I would like all the info in the rows and columns to be exported to excel.

I do not know how? Could someone please asssit?

I tried what I read in a previousmesssage of someone to add this to the button, but then the button opens excel, but no data is transferred to the spreadsheet:

CALL METHOD CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES=>ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE

EXPORTING

I_FILENAME = 'test.xls'

I_CONTENT = lv_name

I_MIME_TYPE = 'XLS'.

Regards

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Uday!

You have been most helpfull!

Regards

Debbie

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I now about the export functionality when writing a report in ALV via the SAP Gui (back-end) using transaction SE38. I problem is that I wrote the "report" in SE80 using Web dynpro because I would like to make this "report" available via Manager Self-Service.

I was wondering how to use ALV in SE80 (Web dynpro) in order to also download like when using ALV in the back-end. But I do not know how to change my web dynpro to do in in ALV in order to be able to download to excel.

Regards

Debbie

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

If you want to know as to how you can implement ALV in Web Dynpro & also get this Export to excel functionality then try to go through this [link |http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/ALV/page1.htm]here. He explains with step-by-step screen shots as to how you can implement ALV in WDA. in the last screen shot in [here |http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/ALV/page2.htm]you can see that the you have a toolbar button which allows you to download the contents to excel. Hope that this helps address your concerns.

Regards,

Uday

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the responses so far. Can someone tell me what I need to do to use ALV in Web dynpro in order to download to Excel. I wrote my report using a table. If I use ALV in Web dynpro, would I be able to download without writing something to download?

Regards

Debbie

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

You dont have to do anything in particular for getting this functionality in ALV. You would get a button "Export" which appears beside the "Print Version" button using which you can export the contents to Excel.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debbie,

check uday's response in this thread

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I wrote my report via SE80 in order to link this "report" I wrote in Web dynpro for ABAP to our Manager Self Service Portal. One can only use ALV via the GUI (back-end); is that not so?

Regards

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use ALV in web dynpro as well.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go for this link...

[]

I hope it will help u.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use ALV for this. By default ALV will provide export to excel functionality. Otherwise you need to use ABAP function module to convert internal Data to Excel file.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary