cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

How can we define heuristic , is it an formula used for planning and in case i want to create a new heuristic , how can i do that and what all are the pareametrs i can pass use to define it .

If would be great if i could get a link to a documnet which explain the concept of heuristic.

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

APO Supply Network Planning (SNP) integrates purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation so that comprehensive tactical planning and sourcing decisions can be simulated and implemented on the basis of a single, global consistent model. Supply Network Planning uses advanced optimization techniques, based on constraints and penalties, to plan product flow along the supply chain. The result is optimal purchasing, production, and distribution decisions; reduced order fulfillment times and inventory levels; and improved customer service.

Starting from a demand plan, Supply Network Planning determines a permissible short- to medium-term plan for fulfilling the estimated sales volumes. This plan covers both the quantities that must be transported between two locations (for example, distribution center to customer or production plant to distribution center), and the quantities to be produced and procured. When making a recommendation, Supply Network Planning compares all logistical activities to the available capacity.

Supply Network Planning Run:

You perform the planning run once you have chosen the method and carried out the prerequisite steps.

The result of a Supply Network Planning run using the heuristic, the optimizer, supply and demand propagation, or Capable-to-Match is a medium-term production and distribution plan.

Interactive Planning:

After the SNP run, you review the plan in the interactive planning desktop. If you run heuristic-based planning, you can also level capacities from the interactive planning table.

SNP Heuristics: repair-based planning

Quota arrangements

Capacity leveling

And also,

HEURISTC RUN

Heuristic groups all existing demands for a given product a location into a total demand for the period.

When you perform SNP run using heuristic, ctm, and optimizer you obtain a medium term production and distribution plan.

Final SNP plan consists of purchase requisitions, SNP stock transfer orders and snp planned orders.

Final SNP plan is released back to DP to compare unconstrained demand plan with the SNP plan.

Heuristic is Quantity based, cross plant planning, mrp 2 concept.

Heuristic performs following activities

u2022 Plan supply to meet demand

u2022 Model the entire supply network

u2022 Integrate purchasing, production and distribution in consistent model

u2022 Synchronize the activities and plan the follow of material through the entire supply chain.

Factors to be considered during heuristic run

u2022 Transportation lanes

u2022 Quota arrangements

u2022 Lot sizing

u2022 Calendar

u2022 Safety stock

u2022 ppm

Heuristic Processing

Data is read from the live cache

Net requirements are calculated

Lot sizing is considered

Procurement type is checked

Receipts are created

Resource load is calculated

Heuristic Run Models.

Location u2013 Selected products are planned here.

Networku2014Selected products are planned for all locations

Multilevelu2014selected products are planned with all components and for all locations

Heuristic will not give a feasible plan as it will not consider capacities, to generate a feasible plan you do capacity leveling.

I hope this is very useful for you.

If you have any queries pls revert me.

Regards,

Pullaiah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a problem in SNP,

I have place a Calendar in Location because during 2 weeks I will not be able to receive goods, for these reason I would like that heuristic detects the calendar and move the purchase orders

The problem is that heuristic is not considering it

I´m working in a simulation version 001

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have explained the transaction where you set up heuristics run in background...this can be achived only when you have all the APO Masterdata setup. for more info please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/frameset.htm