cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am novice in XI, just started working on it. I am creating SAP-XI-Non-SAP Scenario. I created 2 Technical systems and 2 business systems. For my SAP there is already a product created in my SLD. For Non-SAP system I created a product and component version for it.

Now I started working in the Integration Builder, which component version I have to download?. Do I need to download the two components or only one component!.

Please rescue me.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

Check your IB for SAP SWCs. If it already exits, you don't have to import it again. But for NON-sap SWC you have import it as it was the first time. You have to use the menu option Tools>Transfer from SLD>Import Software component Versions.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

I think I didnt convey clearly. We need to create namspace for one product/component version, in that only we create interfaces, message mappings, data types for both parties.

How can I combine the two software component vesrions?. Can you please send any URLs/Demo type of things for an SAP and Non-SAP scenario. If you can give me an example step by step from product creation, It would be nice.

I have some docs, but still I am little bit confusing...I know what to do after this.

Dont I need to import the SAP software component versions?

Thanks-a-lot.

Sunita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunita,

You do not need to combine the SWCVs. Follow Michal's blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Regards

Shravan

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

As your scenario is SAP>XI>Non-SAP Scenario, you can import RFC and IDOC interfaces(metadata) into your non-sap SWC. You can do this by editing your SWC and selecting the radio button "Import of RFC and IDoc interfaces permitted". You have to provide the connection data for the Backend system. This creates a node "Imported Objects" and by selecting this node you should be able to import the interface(metadata) for RFCs and Idocs.

The Best practice is to import the RFC and IDOC interfaces into SWCs like SAP Basis, SAP APPL or other SAP specific SWCs.

For your NON-SAP interfaces create the interface objects in your NON-sap SWC and create the mappings between the SAP Interfaces & Non-SAP Interfaces in the same SWC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

That means I dont need to import any SWC for my SAP R/3 System?. is it right?.

I understood like this: I will create 1 product, 1 Componet, 1 TS, 1 BS for my Non-SAP and 1 TS, 1 BS for R/3.

I download the componet of my Non-SAP into IB. I create a namspace, I import my RFC there. Is this the right way to go??. So, There is no need of importing another component version for SAP system!!.

I am sorry for your time. Anyways I thank you for your help. I will go through Michal's doc and will back.

Regards,

Sunita.

Message was edited by: sunita

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

>>>>>I download the componet of my Non-SAP into IB. I create a namspace, I import my RFC there. Is this the right way to go??. So, There is no need of importing another component version for SAP system!!.

To avoid any redundancy the best practice is to import the SAP Interfaces(RFCs and IDocs) into SAP SWCs like SAP Basis, SAP APPL or any other SAP specific SWCs. Find out if you have any SAP SWCs in your IB. If you have one, try to import your RFCs or Idocs into that SWCs. If not, import SAP SWC like SAP APPL and import all the needed Idocs and RFC into that SWC.

As specified in the previous post, you can also import these SAP interfaces into your own SWCs. See the steps mentioned above. The RFC and Idoc interfaces you downloaded will be part of your SWC under the node "Imported Objects". They are not specific to each Namespace and are common to all the Namespaces you defined in this SWC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sam Raju

Answers (0)