Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert management and CCMS

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now we are manually monitoring messges and errors in SXMB_MONI and RWB. But client wants to upgrade this system by making this monitoring automated. So i want to give some suggestion regarding the same.. my question is which one is the better option. I mean Alets or CCMS configuraion.

Please dont point me to Links.. i have gone through all the documents and configuration steps of ALERTS .

Now i need better answer for better Option ( Alerts or CCMS)

They want to provide alerts for interfaces which are already in Live envir... and moreover they are Seeburger related interfaces.

please anybody give some suggestions.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger related interfaces error tracking can not be done in XI. There was similar discussion was going on I will let you know the link.

here is the link

refer the discussion for the same.

let me know what type of error tracking u need to do based on that selection can be done.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Nov 24, 2008 5:45 PM

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply...

Most of the errors are Messge mapping,IDOC realted,File, and Adapter related..

I guess, these errors can be handled with Alerts ... right?

Please correct me if i'm wrong..

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes in that case Alert framework is easy to implement as compate to CCMS also CCMs require configuration n other activities.

also refer prateek reply for more info.

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Nov 24, 2008 5:49 PM

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Nov 24, 2008 5:50 PM

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek,Chirag

Then i would go for Alerts.... and moreover they want to send these alerts through emails. I think this can be done through this alerts .....right ?

I need clarification on CCMS... Does this CCMS monitoring would effect production server performance.? .. simple way what are the disadvanteges of CCMS ?

Regards,

Sandeep

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and moreover they want to send these alerts through emails. I think this can be done through this alerts .....right ?

Yes.

Does this CCMS monitoring would effect production server performance.?

You may make CCMS installation on separate machine altogether. In that case, it won't affect the performance. But installation on same machine could utilize the server resources. For simple XI alerts, no additional installation is required.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member1275317
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek.

Regaeds,

Sandeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alert mechanism provided by XI is very specific to XI errors e.g. Integration Engine or Adapter Engine related errors. CCMS would be helpful to monitor not only XI, but also other SAP systems. e.g. if you want to trigger an alert for messages stuck in queues, then it is possible only with CCMS. However, if you want to monitor only a few interfaces, then its better to avoid complete CCMS installation and go for XI alerts.

For seebuger, alerts could be raised only for the errors that are visible in RWB.

Regards,

Prateek