cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I trying to install the SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP4 NetWeaver Stack 2 Developer Workplace Sneak Preview, and I'm getting a fatal error on the AS install.

I adjusted my SQL Server 2000 (Personal Edition) database as required in the sql.htm file: (changed code page, SP3 installed, HotFix installed, collation installed) but install fails with the message:

Errors checking server:

Error by Collation check: Wrong server collation; J2EE requires SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 collation.

If I check my SQL Server, it's collation is SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN - and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it otherwise - and I did run the instcoll utility which was supposed to install the collation...

Many thanks,

Ed Bryant

Ed.Bryant@stellent.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me answer my own questions, for the benefit of others. When you run instcoll.exe, from windows explorer, it pops a DOS window, runs, and exits, so you think all is well. It wasn't.

When I ran it from a dos window I saw the error (database created after system upgrade). Removed the new database, re-ran instcoll, and all appears well.

The default collation sequence of the database is correct. Installation is proceeding.

Regards,

Ed.