cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk space is low in drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In our IDES system it is indicating low disk space in SAP installed drive.

In that drive it contains SIDDATA1, SIDDATA2, SIDDATA3 and SIDLOG1 contents.

Our OS is Server2003 and DB is mssql 2000. I had tried shrinking the files in MSSQL level but it is not working for me. Still it is in Low disk space. Is there any way to delete the log files or any data archiving possible.

Is that we can delete the log files in SAP level.

Kindly guide me .

Thanks and regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

First of all, what is the harddisk capacity of the machine in which IDES is installed?

In that drive it contains SIDDATA1, SIDDATA2, SIDDATA3 and SIDLOG1 contents.

Which are the directories which take space? if its SIDDATA1, SIDDATA2, SIDDATA3, you cannot reduce that. But if its SIDLOG1, you can.

Is there any way to delete the log files or any data archiving possible.

You can actually delete the old log files from usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/work directory. But thats not going to help much. you can archive the log files through SQL enterprise manager and shrink the log files.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jazz,

The contents of the folders are SIDDATA1.mdf, SIDDATA2.mdf , SIDDATA3.mdf , SIDlog.ldf are the files , My 😧 space is 127 GB, I had also run a query for shrinking the log files but even though space is been low.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can u send me the query to shrink the log files.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Add some space to D:\ drive if this is on SAN.

If it local drive then checkif you have some unallocated space in the server, if you have unallocated space then add it to this drive.

Cheers

Ricky

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

If you back up the logfile , SQL Server will shrink the log file. Please post this under SQL server section, you may get better response

Answers (0)