cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev Workplace install failing on "import java dump"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to install the developer NW workplace(2004s) with maxdb(7.60) on windows XP pro (32 bits).

I am using The following SAP dvd's: 51031374_dev_ws_04s,

51031391_2004s_kernel7_lin_win and 51031410_maxdb_760.

Installation is failing while importing the java dump (step 21).

The relevant error is:

---

SEVERE: DB Error during import of BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS

Feb 21, 2006 4:08:55 PM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload printSQLException

SEVERE: Message: The object of type java.sql.Date with the value

'2005-10-06 15:00:00.0' assigned to host variable 5 is not normalized. It

must not contain time components in the time zone running the virtual

machine.

SEVERE: SQLState: SAP06

SEVERE: ErrorCode: 1001124

---

I aslo tried upgrading maxdb to 7.60-21 (from the default -9) but that did not help.

It seem like the dump is trying to import an improperly formatted timestamp inside a date field in maxdb (or something of that sort)

I was thinkign of tryimg to fix the dump, but it's a 800MB binary dump so i guess that's out.

Anyhow, anybody as a clue of what's going on ?? (ie: db setting or something).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow!! I am having the same issue. Trying to install on the exact same platform.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

DaveK

Message was edited by: David Keiser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upon installing Developer Workplace 2004s I also encountered the same problem. I found this thread about a similar issue and the workaround seems to work :

I changed the time zone in Windows to GMT +1:00 as suggested and now the installation could go on.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I found the same work around and applied it and now the install completed. Thanks for the help!

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

EduardoSantos62
Discoverer
0 Kudos

ok to me.

I changed the time zone in Windows to GMT +1:00 as suggested and now the installation could go on.

Eduardo Santos

voestalpine group IT

EduardoSantos62
Discoverer
0 Kudos

ok to me.

Eduardo Santos

voestalpine group IT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Obaid,

i am also facing the same problem.I am trying to install CE 7.1 on Vista and geting stuck at phase 22 on import java dump.

Did u get any solution for that??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

Today I also tried to install SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 Developer Workplace on Windows Vista. But Installation process has stop at phace 20 ( Import Java dump) line. Even I already changed the timezone according to some of yours advice, but still the problem is same. I tried it 2nd time. I uninstalled MaxDb and uninstall SAP NW and restart system and resinstall it.

Here is log view for reference:

INFO 2008-03-25 01:42:43.963

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/launcher.jar" -Xmx256m com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLConnectInfo "C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/lib/iaik_jce.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/exception.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/logging.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/tc_sec_secstorefs.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/opensqlsta.jar;C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/DEVWP/MAXDB/install/sharedlib/jdbc20.jar" create_dr jdbc/pool/NW4 com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB jdbc:sapdb://Obaid-PC/SNW?timeout=0&spaceoption=true&unicode=true SAPNW4DB XXXXXX NW4
Obaid-PC/sapmnt/NW4/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties
Obaid-PC/sapmnt/NW4/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key" finished with return code 0. Output: Driver successfully created

INFO 2008-03-25 01:42:44.494

Execute step requestJavaDumpInStepPhase of component |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_Jload|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0

INFO 2008-03-25 01:42:44.991

Execute step exitStepIfParallelABAPImport of component |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_JExecute step exitStepIfParallelABAPImport of component |NW_Workplace|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_J

Please help me what could be other reason, how can i resolve this issue. I need to install it.

thanks

Obaid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guys,

I am also going thru the installation of Netweaver developer workplace. I am stuck at step 20 where it says "create secure store", I get the following error

SAP Secure Store in the File System - Copyright (c) 2003 SAP AG

com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.FileIOException: I/O error on file "
KAGS/sapmnt/GSI/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key".

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.KeyHandler.writeKeyIntoFile(KeyHandler.java:618)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.KeyHandler.setNewKeyInFile(KeyHandler.java:666)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.Crypt.setNewKeyInFile(Crypt.java:502)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.createStoreWithEncryption(SecStoreFS.java:1739)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.handleCreate(SecStoreFS.java:842)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.SecStoreFS.main(SecStoreFS.java:1274)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
KAGS\sapmnt\GSI\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.key (The network path was not found)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)

at com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.KeyHandler.writeKeyIntoFile(KeyHandler.java:611)

... 10 more

have any of you seen this? any solutions?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

secure store is the connection to ur database.

check ur database runing or not!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the German timezone trick worked for me too, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The db is running, i even checked using sapdgGUI, besides the "import java dump" inserted about 1GB of data into the db (from the dump), before the error happens, so it just that particualr data insertion that fails.

Note: i tried it several times on 2 different machines with same results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The possibities of error is

SAP DB instance is not running. The solution is to start the J2E database and restart the installation from where it stopped.