cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Drop Down in Interactive Form not populating values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to populate dynamic values from DB into a Drop Down. I used a normal drop down lists from standard tab. I gave default binding as "$record.Dummy[].Dummy" (mapped to my node). and also in specify list items link i gave "$record.Dummy[].Dummy".

Also i enabled "Tools-options-Data Binding - Show Dynamic Properties.

I am binding all the values from DB into the corresponding node. The values are coming correctly outside an interactive form into a normal "DropDownbyIndex". But when i am trying to get all the values into an interactive form using an drop downlists it is showing only the first value and not the rest?

What else has to be done to populate the complete lists from DB? Can any one please help me out in resolving this issue?

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Divya,

Can u please tel me how u populating the drop down field. i got what should be done in forms, i wanted the steps to be followed in interface (SFP or SE80 in ecc).

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry to bug again Kevin...mine still not working.

in my Default Binding I have:

$record.Output.Ex_Psa_Details[*].Pers_Sub_Area

in my List Items >> Items:

Can you explain what you mean by your above post with...

$record.sap-vhlist.DUMMY\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*]
$record.DUMMY.DATA[*].FIELD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ferguson,

Take a look at this link. This is where i first found out about dropdown list boxes... this might be something that is helpful...

[Creating a Dropdown List Box|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/43/7a667df4ad6fc9e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Kevin, I would give you points if I could....

wow that little arrow is kind of easy to miss...!!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ferguson,

It's a sneaky little thing, that arrow...

As for giving the "bonus", I believe, you can't because it wasn't started by yourself... not to worry about it, just glad it worked out.

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am having this same issue....

I go to the Library >> Web Dynpro Native >> and drag over a "Value Help Drop-down List"

I then go to Data View >> and select my node to map to the drop down.

I deploy the form and I only see the first value in the context....

In the binding...for Default Binding (Open, Save, Submit) i have this value:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ferguson...

Read my second post here... you need to have the binding also in the List Items property of the dropdown... You have to turn on Dynamic Properties within the Object tab. It is in the right arrow in the top right side of the object tab... then when you have the dropdown selected, under Object, Fields tab, click on List Items, and enter the binding in there, no need to change anything else...

Cheers,

Kevin

Edited by: Kevin Schmidt on Dec 11, 2008 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue solved

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya,

How did you solve it, did Kevin's post help you, if yes its great to appreciate someone with points on SDN.

Else post the solution so that it helps others looking for similar issue as well.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using normal dropdownlists, value was not getting populated. Hence i used Value Help Drop Downlists. And it is working fine now.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I have the same problem i have mapped the fileds in the below way.

FiledName: Carriername

FieldValue: Carrierid

Type: ValueHelpDropDownList

Defalut Binding:$record.Carriername.DATA[*].FIELD

In ListItems i see three properties

1) Binding --> List Items: $record.sap-vhlist.Carriername\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*]

Item Text: _ _ _ --> What i need to give here

Item Value: _ _ _ --> What i need to give here

And in the defalut binding if i specify like this i was not getting any value ($record.Carriername.DATA[*].FIELD) instead of this i specifed like this ($record.Carriername), i am getting only one value.

My structure is like this: T_Carrier_Data (Node),, Carriername(ValueAttribute),, Carrierid(ValueAttribute).

This is all to be done in WebdynproJava. Need guidance on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

following your instructions, I'm almost there... I have 2 fields BUKRS & KOSTL on my form.. I'm able to click the drop down and see the values...

however, when I click on a value, it does not populate in my field. This is happening for both fields.

Also, when I try to click on the drop downs again, I don't get a value list any more.

any ideas?

thanks,

rp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Within the List Items binding, you need to have the following:

$record.sap-vhlist.DUMMY\.DATA\.FIELD.item[*]

where DUMMY is the name of the field being mapped from the backend.

For the default binding for the field, it should be

$record.DUMMY.DATA[*].FIELD

where DUMMY, again, is the field name being mapped from the backend.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kevin