cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with SNP Heuristics ( Heuristics Network)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am running SNP Heuristics but surprisingly system is not creating any Distribution Receipt ( Planned). Below are the additional details of my supply chain model.

1) One distribution center

2) One Vendor

3) Transportation Lane from Vendor to DC

4) Incoming quota arrangement at DC.Quota arrangement field value set to 100

I have created one product at both the locations i.e DC & vendor. Below are additional details

Procurement type of the material at DC is maintained as "F",while it is blank at Vendor Location. Strategy field is left blank in both the locations.

Lot size procedure is "lot for lot " and minimum lot size is 1 and maximum lot size is 999999.

Planned delivery time is maintained as 3 days at DC and 0 at Vendor.

Demand is created at DC through program /SAPAPO/SJKTST04. This program basically creates forecast quantity on DC under forecast key figure.

I am using standard planning book and planning area delivered by SAP. SCM version is 5.0

I am running Heuristics Network after selecting both product locations ( i,.e Product-DC & Product-Vendor) and i am getting the below message

"The system has planned 2 location products. At the same time, the system created 0 SNP stock transfers and 0SNP planned orders."

Any help / pointers in generating distribution receipt after SNP run ( heuristics network) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Do you have the product at both vendor and DC locations assigned to the active model?? check that in /sapapo/mat1.

That is the only reason I can see here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

I have created my product for both locations and also when i go to supply chain engineer and select my model & work area, i see the product added to model under location product tab. I have following doubts on my model

1) whether DC & Vendor scenario is supported by SNP Heuristics ? I mean whether SNP run considers demand on DC and does it creates distribution receipt on DC. What i heard is DC-Plant combination will work or Plant-Vendor combination will work but DC-Vendor combination does not work .

2) even though i am creating forecast but i could not see any value coming under total demand key figure. I am able to see value in forecast key figure but not in total demand key figure. whether this is causing problems ?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pawan,

Heuristics does work between vendor and DCs also. We have been using that from a long time. When you have demand at the DC, the system creates a purchase req. at the DC and the vendor has a stock transfer requisition.

"even though i am creating forecast but i could not see any value coming under total demand key figure"

This is where your problem is.

Heuristics does netting based on the total demand-total receipts. If you don't have the total demand populated then Heuristic does not know that there is demand.

Check this [master somnath's reply|;

Check if the ATP category for your forecast is FA. You said it is a standard book, so that's what confuses me...

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

From the fact that you donot see any value in total demand, it appears that the macros in the planning book are not active. when you create a new planning book by copying a standard book, you have to reactivate the macros.

Secondly the message "2 location products were processed". I think you should run time series consistency check. APO>APO Administration>consistency check>SNP>consistency check for time series network /SAPAPO/TSCONS. While you do this you should tick in "Log", "Repair" & "Check Live cache anchor". You should repeat this transaction if you get some errors till you get no errors.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for your reply. now we know where to troubleshoot ( since total demand is not appearing in planning book). when i say standard book, what i mean is i create my planning book by copying from the standard planning book ( 9ASNP94) and then i activate my macros separately. Basically i am following the steps of "my first plan" document. Hope you are aware of this document.

I once again checked all my macros and all are activated. I am creating forecast using program "SAPAPO/SJKTST04". In this program i am selecting FCST ( Cat: FA) as the type of order object in live cache.

Anyways thanks once again since now we know where to troubleshoot. In case you have any other inputs then please let me know.

Regards,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I just cross checked again and all our macro's are active . I also did consistency check and it is not throwing any error.

Any other pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are having 1DC and 1 vendor so please go with location heuristics and check if it creates any STRs..and also check if you are able to create any by executing heuristic interactively

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did run heuristics location also but no result i.e no STR created. I am running heuristics interactively only. Below are few doubts which i have for my model

1) whether DC & Vendor scenario is supported by SNP Heuristics ? I mean whether SNP run considers demand on DC and does it creates distribution receipt on DC. What i heard is DC-Plant combination will work or Plant-Vendor combination will work but DC-Vendor combination does not work .

2) even though i am creating forecast but i could not see any value coming under total demand key figure. I am able to see value in forecast key figure but not in total demand key figure. whether this is causing problems ?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pawan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan

Just trying to give a weird solution.. try punching the value (qty) in the Distribution receipt keyfigure manually.. Check what the system does..

I know it looks silly.. just give try..

Regards

Nav..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pawan Kabra,

Please check on the following things & correct wherever required.

1) Check both the location and products are in the active model

2) Check whether the SNP planning horizons are defined properly

3) Check whether PPMs are generated (both SNP & PPDS PPMs) for both the products

4) Check whether sources of supply is assigned to the PPMs

5) Also once the heuristics is done, check the application log created which will give the exact error you are facing.

6) Check whether the Bom and routing are transferred properly into the PPMs.

Thanks & Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have checked the below points and below are my updates on the same

1) Check both the location and products are in the active model

Yes. 2 product locations are appearing in the location product tab in the supply chain model.

2) Check whether the SNP planning horizons are defined properly

i have not maintained any horizons. everything is 0.

3) Check whether PPMs are generated (both SNP & PPDS PPMs) for both the products

PPMs i am not using. Hence there are no PPM

4) Check whether sources of supply is assigned to the PPMs

since PPM are not used, this point is not relevant

5) Also once the heuristics is done, check the application log created which will give the exact error you are facing.

application displays the same message which i have earlier posted

6) Check whether the Bom and routing are transferred properly into the PPMs.

BOM and routing are not used at all.

any other pointers / checkpoints would be appreciated.

thanks,

pawan.