Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in File to SOAP as Attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenario from File to SOAP.

I ma to send two files one file as content of SOAP request and other one as file attachment. The problem is i cannot send message both file content and file attachment.

Because when i select the "keep attachment" in the SOAP adapter both content and attachment become attachment, but if i didn't tick, only content is display by the recipient without the attachment.

How can i configure SOAP adapter so the recipient can receive both content file and attachment file.

Solution will be rewarded

Thanks

Jaideep Baid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you are talking about SOAP and not about MAIL?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for urs response.

Yes Dear It is SOAP only.

Thanks

Jaideep

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, what do you mean with: "both content and attachment become attachment"?

And what issue follows from that behaviour?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi stefan,

thankjs for urs response.

both content and attachment become attachment"?

I mean to say that if i want to send two files using SOAPa in which one file should go as a main document and other one should go as an attchment.

But when i select keep attachment in receiver SOAP channel the both files goes as an attachment.

which is not the input for SOAP request.

Can u plzz suggest some solution.

Thanks

Jaideep Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do you differentiate in soap payload and attachment. When you post content you will see message passed from XI as well as additional content. Are you taking about this or some different behaviour?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gaurav,

actually my SOAP payload will be a file only but I wnat to send till a perticular node as a SOAP payload and rest part as an attachment.

message----Root node

field 1

field 2

field 3

subfield 1

subfield 2

subfield 3

subfield 4

SO i want till field2 it should go as payload and from field 3 i should go as attachment.

OR i can make two files of different name.

file1's content

field 1

field 2

file2's content

field 3

subfield 1

subfield 2

subfield 3

subfield 4

Now in this case file 1 should go as SOAP payload and File2 as attachment.

So that In XI i can see two different file one named as mainDocument and other one name as Attachment.

Plzz suggest any solution

Thanks

Jaideep jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jaideep

I dont think that file with different names can be taken from file adapter as attachment.

As per my understanding file adapter takes additional file but file name will be same and you need to configure sender adapter. Moreover the file moved as attachment. will not be available in mapping or something only you can see in moni as attachment and it will go as attachment to SOAP as well. only the file with which you perform mapping will be taken as payload.

Check with Stefen also on this

Thanks

Gaurav