cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Delivery Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

I would like to know is there a way of not using the 'Request Delivery Date' in Quotation/Sales Order or rather somehow configure this field as not a mandatory requirement in the document? Kindly advise. Thanks!

Regards,

LEE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Friend,

The requested delievry date is the Basic criteria for delivery schduling which means system would take this date into account for proposing the delivery date...

You can de-activate this at document type customization level by removing tick from propose delivery date field.

Hrishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"Requested Delivery date " is a basic requirement in sales process, without which system can not give a "Confirm delivery date" for the order whereas confirm delivery date is mandatory for any order.

System takes this Requested delivery date to perform backward scheduling and without this you can not perform Backward scheduling.

That is why ,this field has been marked as mandatory field in standard SAP, so even if you will remove the activation from "Proposed delivery date" in VOV8, still without giving input in this field , you can not save the order.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

No I dont think this is possible. In normal circumstances, based on the settings in VOV8, this date will flow and if you untick the field "Propose Delivery Date", even in that case also, you have to input manually the date and it will not allow you to save without maintaining this date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi