cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the superuser(Superviser or reporting to) of a user in UME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose we have an organization ABC, in which we have a user, say user1. For user1, in that organization there is one reporting officer officer1. Now, in UME using the IUserFactory class I can get the details of user1. But is there any possible way to get the details of officer1 from UME, where I have the details of user1?

-Thanks,

Monideepa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How about creating a custom attribute which includes the supervisors name or unique ID. Then have an application read this value and call the user viewer to display the supervisor details.

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I didnot get you properly.Can u give me some more inputs regarding this.If you have any docs for that,then kindly send me the url.

Thanks,

Monideepa

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mondeepa,

My suggestion is to create a custom attribute for the user profile, call it "Supervisor".

[Adding Custom Attributes to the User Profile |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/0316d50bbe025ce10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Use this attribute to store the supervisor information. So in your example, the custom attribute in the user profile would include the text: "officier1". With the UME API you can find a specific user, such as "user1", read the custom attribute "Supervisor", and the find the user listed in this attribute, "officier1". Once you find the user you can use the UME to display whatever information you want. There is an application delivered with the UME that lets you display this kind of information: [Allowing Users to View the Contact Information of Other Users|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/45/75913c49f640c0e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]. Either that or you will have to write your own application to do this.

Did I understand correctly what you want to do?

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is what I want. I will try the solution given by you.

If I face any difficulty, will get back to you.

Thanks in advance.

-Monideepa

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just do not ask me for detailed programming help. I can barely manage, "Hello world."

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can I get the superuser by customizing the UME data source configuration?If so then how?

Thanks,

Monideepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

From UME i don't know how to get these details... actually we had a requirement like this..

And we create seperate table in R/3 with the mapping supervisor-> subordinate.

And we wrote two rfc's one to get the subordinates when we give the supervisor name and other to get the supervisor name when we pass the subordinate name...

I whethe this is a good method or not?

Thanks and regards

shanto aloor