cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ale settings when receiving idoc from xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I wan o confirm that the settings I had done in my R/3 system for receiving idoc from Xi are correct.

Third party is goin to send message to my Xi system, from there I have to send that message to my R/3 system.

In R/3 I had created 2 logical system,one for r/3 itself and other for my XI system.

I assigned client to this systems.

I created RFC and port for XI.

Then created distribution model, with sender as xi logical name ,receiver as R/3 logical name.

Is this configuration correct?or I need to create the thirdparty logical system also in my R/3 system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your steps looks fine to me. I think distribution model is not required for inbound case.

just check the below configuration once again.

Pre-requisites for Inbound IDoc to R/3 from PI:

Configuration required at Xi side:

Go to IDX1: configure the port.

Go to IDX2: load the DOC metadata.

Go to SM59: Create RFC destination which points to R3 system this is require in the case where your IDOC is sent to R 3 system,

Configiration required at R3 side:

Maintain Logical System for PI (SALE transaction):

Maintain Partner Profile for XI system(WE20):

Also look at the step by step process.

File To IDOC - Part2 (Configuration):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part2+(Configuration)&

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part3(StepsrequiredinXIandR3)&

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Nov 24, 2008 1:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This configuration I am checkin because of the error that i am gettin that I had poster earlier that is,

"No service for system sapsxd client001, sm58 error ." in sm58 on Xi server.

where sxd and 001 is system id and client of my XI system.

One of the earlier reply i got is

"you defined a message flow using Business System SAPSXD/001 but that system is not maintained as Business System in Integration Builder Directory.i think you did a design fault: PI is NOT a involved as Business System in standard message flows. You have a sender system, a receiver system and PI itselv is just the Integration Server. So you need to configure a sending system, it cant be PI itself.

"

also when i m sending message,I am gettin error in sm21 on receiving R/3 system, so I think some config prob is there in R/3 side.

can u suggest me something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u need to configure the port and load metadata of R3 system in Xi system.

in IDX1 RFC destination will be of R3 system which is created in XI system.

also u need to provide the same port n RFc destination info in IDOC communication channel.

I think u have made the mistake there. kindly check ur idx1 and idx2 configuration again

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

I had configured in same way as u told, can I send that screen shots on ur Email ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the bellow configuration once.

1.Maintained the adapter specific identifier in the sender business service(maintain logical system).

2.create a rfc destination for R/3 in xi side.

3.Create the port using idx1 and maintained the rfc destination.

4.Load the idoc metadata using idx2.

R/3 Side:

1.create a logical system(bd54) for xi and r/3.

2.create a distribution model(bd64).

3.partner profile configuration(we20).

4.configure inbound idoc.(required idoc)

Regards,

Prakasu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your requirement ur scenario is XI---->R3, follow below configuration it will work.

1. First create logical system at R3 end and create RFC destination, port and partner profile(inbound setting).

2. Create Logical system and RFC destination in XI box for R3 configuration.

3. In XI/PI import IDOC from R3.

4. Create IDX1 & IDX2 in XI box

5. Configure scenario in XI according to your requirement.

No need partner profile in XI meanwhile no need to distribute partner from R3. Above configuration will work without fail.