cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Block based on Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know if an Invoice can be blocked for posting based on company code. Are there any user exits for this ? I cannot use the standard posting block fuctionality available as the same Invoice Type is used by many company codes.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go in t-code OB52, you will see the fields "AuGr" and your requirement can be achieved from this field as below:

>Authorization Group

The authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. The authorization groups usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity.

Use

A posting period can be made available to only a limited set of users using the authorization group.

Procedure

If only a limited set of users is to be able to post in a particular posting period, proceed as follows:

Add the posting period authorization (authorization object F_BKPF_BUP) to the authorizations of the selected users. Assign an authorization group (e.g. '0001').

Enter the account type '+' for the posting period variant to which the restriction is to apply. Enter the period(s) whose use is to be restricted in the first period, those which are available to all users in the second period, and the authorization group (e.g. '0001') in the last column.

Examples

A posting period can be successively restricted. If, e.g. 10 users have the posting period authorization with authorization group '0001', and 3 of these 10 users also with authorization group '0002'.

If the period is only to be accessible to the 10 selected users the authorization group '0001' is entered in the posting period variant. Access can later be restricted to the remaining 3 users by entering '0002'.

Or else, you can close the period for accounts by selecting the account like vendor,customer.. but this is not advisable and I am not 100% sure if this suggestion is a good way to achieve..

Hope this will help you.

Hrishi

Answers (0)