cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on deployment of one model it's getting overwritten on other existing model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created 3 models with respect to the requirement from my client side.

Let the 3 models be x,y,z...

Since all the 3 models are of same structure only difference being from query side, i have reused the same model (x) for the other two(y,z) and everything was working fine till yesterday as every model was displaying it's own data and changes implemented. But suddenly today any model i deploy among this 3 is getting overwritten on other 2 leaving behind the same format and data.

What could be the possible reason behind this? and where should i make appropriate measures, so that every model displays it's own respective data and structure.

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each model must have different Iview names or they will overwrite each other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input,

I have tried with different iView names for all the 3 models but it isn't working.

Let me put a clear picture of what the problem exactly is....

I have 3 models (x,y,z). On depolyment of any one model in VC, all the three iViews in the portal displays the same layout and same content as if the iview names are different but is an alias link of the deployed one.

This case is recursive i.e., on depolyment of any one model it entirely overwrites the link of other two leading to display the entirely same strucutre, contents, output, table size etc.,

Any input on this problem will be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Vipin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

if you have copied the models, you should try to configure first your storyboard, for that, follow this steps:

1 - Open one of the models

2 - Select on the top of the window, Tools -> Options -> Compiler

3 - Change de "Par name prefix" parameter value, this will create a new namespace for that model

4 - Deploy once again the model

5 - Repeat steps 1-4 for the other two Models

I hope it solves your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duham,

Thanks for your input. I believe, even this should solve the problem.

Anyways... the solution provided by Brad Gorlicki to change the name of every iview has really worked now. When i tried for the 1st it didn't but when i tried now again it's working.

Thanks everyone for all the valuable input you all have put in to solve the problem.

Thanks once again.

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the Enhancement Package 1 version, you will have the chance to use versions in the models, this will solve your problem, please refer to the information and blogs.

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Are you using same backend system for all three models? In this case if you make any changes in one model will reflect the other models too. Check it.

Kind Regards,

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Yes i am indeed using the same backend system for all the three models. Is there any solution for this ?

Thanks in Advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Your queries in each model will affect(change) the database table. Try to use seperate tables for each models.

Kind Regards,

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

Can you please elaborate the point mentioned earlier by you (to use different tables)

Thanks in Advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

May i know how much tables you are using for each models in backend system.

Regards,

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

what the input i have got from an R/3 guy is that the queries they provide for the development of a model in VC can have multiple number of tables which is basically a dynamic thing.

with respect to the number of tables i am using in VC to display the output is 2 in all the 3 models.

i need to resolve the issue asap ....

Thanks in Advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you passing any value to R/3 table from VC? If you use common tables for all three models then values from all models will be reflected in the corresponding tables. Ask your R/3 professional to provide seperate tables for seperate models( may be a duplicate copy) then only they will be independent each other.

Regards,

Basheer