cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having trouble in executing PGI. After saving delievery and while trying to create transfer order manually through LT03 or trying to do from same delievery screen i am getting an error that no items that are to be picked are found and detailed diagnosis says " This delivery does not contain any open items that require picking".

I have checked the selection date which is after my picking date, stock availability is also there but WM is not allowing to completely pick the delievery related items, it is giving status message as either A or B but not C. I have also checked the delievery, copy controlsm and picking related settings which all seem to be fine.

Need help of all you expert and learned people. Kindly do help!

Regards,

Kant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check whether the material is available in the sourec bin.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Please check whether the item category is relevant for picking or not.

You have to check the Item category at the delivery document level.

i.e. in SPRO---Logistics execution........................

Here you have to check the item category configuration path for delivery ( I am in another network, hence couldnt give you the path immediately). Here you have to enable the Item category for picking and then repeat the test case. It should work fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Navneetha,

Hi i have checked the delivery item category settings and for standard order/ delivery picking is activated still the problem is there.

Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess batch determination is active in your case, if yes then go to delivery screen > click on batch split and then put the picking qty in batches which you can see.

If batch determination is not active then, I guess WM is active in your case...

Just check on above and let us know so that further solutions can be proposed

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Rishi

There is no batch determination i am using here so its not req and active but yes WM is active and it is giving the status B partially processed during delivery execution. All storage locations, plant and delivery type are assigned to WM, but PGI cannot be executed, what should be done to address it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know that whether you were able to create transfer order or not????

if you have created transfer order then you can confirm the transfer order Tcode LT12.

because of this might be you are not able to do PGI.

if transfer order is not created then there is problem in customizing of your warehouse setting.

please check that one also.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl603/BBLibrary/html/124_EN_IN.htm

you will all the configuration detail of warehouse over here

regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Raj,

Hi no i am not able to create any transfer order corrosponding to my sales order and delivery! I have looked into WM settings as well but wil double check against the one which u have provided. Thanks!

Regards,

Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check in MMR > WM1 view --- if two step picking is active or not... I believe it is active in your case.. if yes then let us know for providing you the next steps...

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hrishi

Hi,

In MMR> WM1 view i dont see any such field which can activate 2 step picking!! what should be done now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you go into MMR - select WM1 view > then put your warehouse number > then you will see "2-step-picking" field in storage strategies section... if you see "2" in "2-step-picking" field then let me know..

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hrishi

yes got the 2 step picking field in MMR> WM1 tab but the field is empty/not activated, there is no 2 or for that matter any entry in that field!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, now tell me one thing... when you are into delivery overview screen go to picking tab... then what do you see in "Overall WM status" field ? do you see " No WM transfer order required" ???

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my delivery overview picking tab screen i see WM status as B- partially processed with description open TO by the side and also my picking status is C- fully completed and i am using lean WM system.

Edited by: Hemkant Sharma on Nov 25, 2008 8:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said about "WM status as B- partially processed", it means that you have been working with complete WM not on lean WM..

Now, for this you need to create shipment first then create wave group {via VL35_S by putting shipment number} then you need to create & confirm the TO's via VL37 by puttung the wave group number in selection screen... then in next screen press shiftF4 which will create the TO then refresh... then press shiftF7 which will confirm the TO...

Hope this will solve your problem now..

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hrishi

Hi,

Please dont mind me asking this that is it technically possible to be using full WM functionality when i am actually doing all my transactions wrt lean Warehouse ( using a warehouse which has description Lean Warehouse) and there it is giving me same partially processed status B.

Regards,

Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, if your complete WM is not active then I believe you can't use the same.

Now, you need to check one more thing out here in t-code OMKZ if your warehouse is active for automatic TO creation or not. If it is active then you need to follow below procedure:

>Automatic Transfer Order Creation

This data field is used to control whether the system will automatically create a transfer order in the background for a transfer requirement or a posting change notice. This field is automatically proposed when a transfer requirement or a posting change notice is created from the movement type. The transfer orders are created by batch input using the report RLAUTA10 (for transfer requirements) or RLAUTA11 (for posting change notices).

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hrishi

Hi,

I have checked in tcode OMKZ, the lean warehouse is not activated for auto TO creation in bakground, shall i activate that?

Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you should not activate now if you don't have this functionality implemented in the first phase.

One more thing I wanted to ask you is that, are you facing this problem with certain material codes with some different item category or for all the materials? Also, have you faced this kind of problem before or this is the first time itself?

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well i am facing it for all materials now just confirmed it after u raised the question and i have encountered this problem for first time only.

Kant