Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7 object field restrictions report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please assist me. We are working on BI7, and I have created my restriction objects for the roles in RSECADMIN. I'm now trying to find a list of objects (and roles) that have 0CO_AREA as a restriction field. Can someone advise on how I would go about finding the report.

Thanks

Edited by: Pumza Mtshingila on Nov 24, 2008 10:08 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pumza

In RSECADMIN you do not build restriction objects but restriction object fields

These fields can only be authorized in Authorization object S_RS_AUTH

You can find them via the normal SUIM tooling in the PFCG-roles:

transaction S_BCE_68001423: Object values in Roles, filter on object S_RS_AUTH

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

4 REPLIES 4

l_borsboom
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pumza

In RSECADMIN you do not build restriction objects but restriction object fields

These fields can only be authorized in Authorization object S_RS_AUTH

You can find them via the normal SUIM tooling in the PFCG-roles:

transaction S_BCE_68001423: Object values in Roles, filter on object S_RS_AUTH

Kind regards,

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

Thanks for your response, however it's the authorisation restriction values in the actual object fields I am looking for and not the actual object.

From SUIM I can only find the object name under S_RS_AUTH.

In this case under S_RS_AUTH I have a restriction to BPS_150020 and the details of the field values for this are defined in RSECADMIN (e.g. BPS_150020 has InfoProvider field, InfoObject)

To put it simply, I am looking for roles that allow access to controlling area 1000, which is specified in 0CO_AREA field for different object authorisation fields in RSECADMIN.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Pumza,

I have to correct myself: the Analysis Authorization you build in RSECADMIN is not represented in PFCG as an object field (this is BIAUTH) but as an object field value, so if you run transaction S_BCE_68001423: Object values in Roles, filter on object S_RS_AUTH and field BIAUTH: you are able to report on the analysis authorizations.

If you have chosen a meaningful naming convention you would be able to report here your Controlling Area 1000 value.

If not you can have a look at the following tables (with SE16) in which you have direct view of the Analysis Authorizations:

RSECTXT Analysis Authorizations: Texts

RSECVAL Analysis Authorizations: Value Authorizations

RSECHIE Analysis Authorizations: Hierarchy Authorizations

RSECUSERAUTH Analysis Authorizations: Direct User Assignment (without PFCG)

You can also consider to build reports on the Technical Content Infoproviders 0TCA_VAL, 0TCA_HIE & 0TCA_UA,

[see this document, page 21 & 22|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ded59342-0a01-0010-da92-f6b72d98f144]

KR,

Lodewijk

0 Kudos

Hi Lodewijk,

Thank you so much for your assistance. I found the information I needed in the RSECVAL table.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Pumza