cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to MDM server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are deploying a Webdynpro application where we are getting an error as follows:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Login method has not been successfully called.

at at a2i.common.CatalogData.Preprocess(Unknown Source)

at at a2i.common.CatalogData.GetResultSet(Unknown Source)

at at com.satyam.rf.rac.component.CO_Resource_Availibility_Check.populateDropDownFromSearch (CO_Resource_Availibility_Check.java:5181)

at at com.satyam.rf.rac.component.wdp.InternalCO_Resource_Availibility_Check.populateDropDownFromSearch(InternalCO_Resource_Availibility_Check.java:523)

at at com.satyam.rf.rac.component.CO_Resource_Availibility_Check.wdDoInit(CO_Resource_Availibility_Check.java:191)

Actually the server has been upgraded from MDM5.5 SP06 Patch 2 to Patch 3 now. I have added the latest MDM4J.jar file for it. Then also the problem exists.

Also the application was running on Patch2 earlier but the server had to be shifted to a new location as a result of which the IP address and all of the server changed, now the application is not running on Patch2 server also. The same error is coming in both the cases.

The error clearly means that it is not able to connect to the MDM server.

Please suggest any solution for this.

Thanks n Regards,

Becky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

That problem is due to communication problem between your program and Server.

could you please look into communication/connection details of your client and Server environments ?

since server location is changed, one of the expected causes is client program is not pinging right location.

look at the IP , serverName also ;

Since you are using updated MDM4.jar , there would be no problem with MDM JAVA API Connection;

once case is resolved , Could u please let me know ?

Thanks

Rajasekhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

What do you mean when you say communication details, i have changed the server related details like IP Address and Port Number in the application, but still i am getting the same error.

How do i check if the program is pinging the right location or not?

Please let me know what all changes do i need to make.

Thankn n Regards,

Becky.