cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver is not saved when Requisitioner keeps the SC on hold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario:

Requisitoner creates a shopping cart (SC) which does not require an approver. He puts the SC on hold. Later when he changes the same SC such that it requires approver.This time the approver is correctly determined and is displayed on the approver preview screen. Now if requisitioner puts the SC on hold or submits it then this approver information is lost. Next time the same SC is opened it does not display the approver.

I debugged the SAP standard code and found that in FM BBP_PDH_WFL_START, it calls FM BBP_PDH_WFL_START_NOW and passes approver information to it (in internal table lt_approver), which is then saved in the database.

In FM BBP_PDH_WFL_START, it copies the approver from internal table it_approver[] to lt_approver[]. This is done only when iv_buf_task = iv_cond_task. But in case of above scenarion iv_buf_task is blank and iv_cond_task contains the task id, hence the condition becomes false and approver info is not updated in table lt_approver[] resulting into no approver update in the database..

I also found that the value of buffer parameter gv_wf_buffer_task is assigned to iv_buf_task in FM BBP_PDH_WFL_DB_UPDATE. But in the above scenario buffer parameter gv_wf_buffer_task is blank.

I have found the where the problem is, but since its a standard SAP code we cannot change it. If anybody has faced a similar problem and knows the solution/SAP note to fix it, then please reply.

Thanks,

Pratiksha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pratiksha,

Didi you check OSS notes dealing with your issue ?

Have a look at Notes:

- "1228213 - Incorrect changer for held documents"

- "1273627 - No workflow for held documents and ad hoc approver".

Regards.

Laurent.