Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SAP solution manger key for installation of ECC 6.0 IDES & ABAP key

ganesh_borase2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

I want to install ECC 6.0 IDES and SAP solution mamger on single machine. In that referance my machine details as follows

hostname= sapsrv

SID= ERP

instance =00

database =SQL 2005 SP2

I require the SAP solution manager key

also anybody generate ABAP user key for the same.

So please anybody it will generate for me! I will be thankful for the same.

and i have 320 GB harddisk then how can I partation for IDES and solution manger that will great help for me..

Thanks in advance

From ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Sap introduced SAP solution Manager Key for installation to make Solution Manager a mandatory component in the landscape. I wish i could help you. But its not legal to provide solution manager key like this. I would suggest you to install Solution Manager in your landscape first and proceed.

If you have 320 GB Usable space in your harddisk, partition 250 for IDES and rest for solution manager. But make sure you have enough memory and CPU to support 2 installation on your server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Sap introduced SAP solution Manager Key for installation to make Solution Manager a mandatory >component in the landscape.

So much people so pleased about this "feature"....

Next step, the car manufaturers will decide that you need a special "free" tool (1 ton weight) in your garage to be able to start your engine...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In your SAP Solution Manager system, call transaction SMSY (System Landscape Maintenance).

2. To create your SAP system in the system landscape, proceed as follows:

a) Select the landscape component Systems and choose Create New System from the context menu.

b) Enter the system ID in the following dialog box as the system.

c) Select the relevant product and the corresponding product version from the input help.

Then choose Save.

d) Fill in the system data as much as possible.

You can find further documentation in the online help at Help® Application Help.

e) Save your entries.

3. To generate the key, choose Other object... from the menu System Landscape.

4. Set the indicator System and choose the system that you want to install from the input help.

If you created the system in the SAP Solution Manager in the previous step, choose this system.

5. Choose Generate Installation / Upgrade Key.

6. Enter the requested information.

7. Choose Generate Key.

V....

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume your question has been answered... please close this thread as per the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Generating the SOLMAN key this way is not legal. Better you can ask your BASIS team to generate SOLMAN key, SSCR key and developer key from SMP.

For the partition of the memory see the OSS Note 1244548.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

I want to install ECC 6.0 IDES and SAP solution mamger on single machine

Install Solution manager first and generate the solution manager key for ECC Installation by using t-code SMSY.

Regards

Ashok