cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery related Return Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me delivery related sales return process. what happen if we use 'G' as a billing relevance in Item Catagory.and what are the other setting to do for this.

I my senario Invoice should be raised after delivery in return senario. Plz let me know how to configure It.

Rds

VM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Return order RE is referenced either to original order OR or F2 invoice.

RE order will have RE delivery type & RE credit for returns billing type.

If you donot want to maintain a different pricing procedure for RE & OR, then in you can copy the same pricing used in OR to RE order. In that case in VTAA, at the item level either use option D copy pricing elements unchanged or G copy pricing unchanged & redetermine taxes. Here since F2 invoice is triggered only after RE delivery, you can reference the RE pricing only from OR.

When you want to trigger F2 invoice after RE delivery how do you know that the process is complete? For how long will you wait to check if there is return delivery for the process? i dont think this is a good practise. Create F2 invoice after LF delivery. If you want to process returns then process a credit for returns RE billing for the returns scenario. Unless there is a check point that the customer is satisfied with the goods & there is no return, how will you process F2 invoice?

Why do you want to create F2 after RE delivery? Instead you can process RE order --> RE delivery --> RE credit for returns.

What I can suggest here is that your customer must send Proof of delivery POD once he receives the goods. If you receive the POD then it means that the customer is satisfied with the goods & he is not going to process any returns. So then you can process the F2 invoice. If the customer is not satisfied with some / all goods & he is going to return a few goods, then he should not send a POD. Instead he should raise a RE order. For which you will create RE delivery. Then you will process F2 invoice.

For eg: Customer raises an OR order for 100 goods. So you will delivery LF with 100 goods. If he is satisfied with all 100 goods then he should send a POD. If he is not satisfied with some 30 goods, then he should not send the POD. Instead he should process RE order for 30 goods. So after you process RE delivery, then you should raise an invoice F2 for remaining 70 items. In that case in VOV7 for TAN item, billing relevanceshould be C relevant for order related billing, status according to target quantity.

Here in the copy control from LF to F2 in VTFL at the item level you have to configure a new requirement routine. In the routine you have to put a condition that F2 should trigger only after POD. If no POD, then it shiould trigger after RE delivery.

Explain the scenario to the ABAPer. He would help you with the requirement.

But after having said all this, I am not sure if this will work. Coz this is not the standard process. I would still suggest RE order --> RE delivery --> Credit for returns.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VM

You cannot create a return order referencing a delivery. The most recommended procedure is return order should be created referencing the preceding billing document. For this, you should be having copy controls in VTFA

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Return order can not be created from Delivery doc.

Return order can be created with reference to either (1) Sales order , or (2) Billing document.

It can also be created without any reference also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradyumna,

My question is Its fine It would be create with ref to order but delivery should happen before invoice.

Req is RE with ref to OR and LR and RE( billing) can make with ref to RE (order). but delivery should be there before RE(billing).

Rds

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the Return order, you can create a Return Delivery followed by PGR.

But "Credir for Return " is always created from the "Return order"only (and NOT from the Return Delivery) irrespective of whether Return delivery has been created or not.

That means you can create the "Credit for Return(RE)" before creating the Return delivery aswell as after the Return Delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to configure this :create the "Credit for Return(RE)" before creating the Return delivery aswell as after the Return Delivery, as u said.

Rds

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already the copy control for "Return order" to " "Credit for Return" has already been established in SAP standard system.

You just go to VF01, put the number of the Return order and press enter. System will automatically create the Billing document ( Credit for Return RE ).

If you will try to create the billing with reference to the Return Delivery, system will give error message.