cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key figure value missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPians,

We have encountered a very strange scenario.

The key figure value disappears from the planning book & user moan on it as they are very sure on, non of them have changed the values nor they have ran any micro.

Can any please suggest , how to unlock this puzzle or is there any goof in the system ?

Thank you in advance.

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

may i know the planning bucket profiles period in data view & master forecast profile, Here in data view historical & future horizons always should be greater than master forecast profile, other wise corrected keyfigurs will not save when u run in the background,

I hope this helps you,

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

What exactly happens? can you explain more...may be step by step.

Here are few things:

1. If the key figure is auxiliary the values are not saved to the database. They are there as long as you are in the screen. Go back and come back in, you don't see it.

You can go to your planning book details and in key figures tab double click on the key figure. In popup, see if there is a deomain starting with /bic/XXXX. If this space is empty, then it means it's auxiliary

2. Try running consistency checks

I might be able to suggest more once you give more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu, Thanks for your reply.

This issue has been faced on 2 of the keyfigures (Previous Consensus & Account Manager ),

to explain in brief, Consensus Forecast is the KF which value are send to SNP ( demand values/ forecast)

Previous Consensus is the KF which has the value on last SOP day ( In our case - it would have values of the 7th working day, which remains freezed through out the month. ie no one can change it ( grey out) -

Account Manager is the KF where the account demand manager do add the values according to there plan, then they run the macro to get the consensus forecast value.

Now the puzzle is, in some of the CVC's Account manager values & Previous consensus forecast values are missing from the planning book suddenly. User & Account Managers are very sure they havent changed it nor they have ran any macro.

How can we track this missing values , please help.

Thank you

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try running the consistency checks

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

/SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK

The master data in in DB and the transaction data is in Live cache. There is "COM" that links these and gets the relevant values. May be there is some inconsistency there..try the above checks first.

Also in DB consistency in /n/sapapo/om17.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

I do know abou this program - /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

but can you please let me know, what do this program do ./SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK.

By clearing all the inconsistencies will the missing values be displayed ?

Thanks

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PSTRU check program checks the Planning object structure and corrects any inconsistencies in the CVCs.

Check if this works, may be you can get the values back!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu for your valuable input, will let you know once it been fixed.

Secondly wanna ask about the error faced while uploading a newly created CVC in the planning book. Sometimes, the system throws an error on LiveCache Anchor not found & Error reading data. The issue so sporadic that, most of the users face it on one single day of a month.

SAP is asking to run the Adjust Time Series Program manually, but its a temporary solution. How can we fix it for ever.

Please reply

Thank you

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This error comes up when you create CVCs and do not check the indicator "Adjust time series immediately" in MC62 screen. Again as described above, CVCs(master data) has to be linked up with transaction data in livecache and if it can't it gives that error.

What SAP suggested is correct. You should adjust the time series immediately when you create new CVCs or run the program for adjusting TS after CVC creation.

I would educate the users and create a variant with the check on "Adjust time series immediately" in MC62 screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Thank you very much for replying back.. !

But dont you think so its would affect the system performance, as there are numerous no. of users creating more than 100 CVCs a day.. so by runnning the ATS program 100 times is that a good idea.

Please help, its on my neck to solve this ...

Thanks

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

"dont you think so its would affect the system performance, as there are numerous no. of users creating more than 100 CVCs a day.."

NO. because I haven't seen users creating CVCs left and right.... This means you either do not have enough or improper transaction data.

The places I worked always have a background job that creates CVC every morning after getting the BW loads done. It is a very rare case that users create so many CVCs a day....

No matter what the scenario is you have to adjust time series. The system can not work with out it. It's like saying chewing is a lot of work when you eat.You have to do some things....no excuse...sorry!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Visu once again...

We dont have facility where system automatically creates the CVC for the users. In our case users create it manually through /SAPAPO/MC62, by clicking the check box Adjust Time series.

Even though ATS check box is clicked while creating a CVC, it throws an error of "LiveCache anchor not found" for newly created CVC while uploading in planning book.

Users do moan on it, as its affects the business..

What I think is PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 job that creates the time series do not get scheduled... but this is not which happens regularly.... its sporadic .. like once a month & happens to most of the users?

Please write back .. help needed !

Thanks

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Your process looks scary to me. You are letting users create all CVCs instead of the system!

If the user has 2 windows open. he generates CVCs in the first window and immediately if he loads the selection and load data into planning book in other window, the system may not be able to catch up. The users should go out of the SDP94 screen and come back in after generation of CVCs.

Also since you are giving so much freedom to your users, train your users to follow the procedure:

1. Create CVCs with Adjust time series option checked

2. Run the PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 job

3. Then run consistency checks /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK on the planning area and /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK on the planning object structure. You can predefine variant and ask them to use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu, Thank you very much for replying once again.

Yes, I do agree the situation of 2 open windows while creating & uploading CVC at same time.. but tghis is not the case. Users are using only a single window for transactions.

Secondly, while creating a CVC, ATS option clicked & when CVC is created a message is displayed at bpttom of screen : PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 job was successfully completed. but when we check SM37 we are not able to see the job logs !!!!!!!! when the LiveCache anchors appears in the planning book.

We do run /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK twice a day AUTOMATICALLY, which is our standard schedule. If the LiveCache Anchor emerges, we manually run the above job.

As you said in your previous reply, are you recommending to create some user exits for PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 , /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK , /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK so users can run manually after creating a CVC ???????

or you have some other solution too ... ?

Please write back

Rahul Chitte

-

Hi Rahul,

Your process looks scary to me. You are letting users create all CVCs instead of the system!

If the user has 2 windows open. he generates CVCs in the first window and immediately if he loads the selection and load data into planning book in other window, the system may not be able to catch up. The users should go out of the SDP94 screen and come back in after generation of CVCs.

Also since you are giving so much freedom to your users, train your users to follow the procedure:

1. Create CVCs with Adjust time series option checked

2. Run the PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 job

3. Then run consistency checks /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK on the planning area and /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK on the planning object structure. You can predefine variant and ask them to use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

What do you have in the jobPLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 ? Is it program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC?

Can't you see the job log in that job? I am assuming you are scheduling in SM37.

"you recommending to create some user exits for PLOB_DELTA_SYNCH_ZDP_POS1 ....."

I am not recommending any user exits. I am asking you to create a variant in these programs so that the users can run them the way they are supposed to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

Thanks for the reply.

I did meant program /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC, there is no job log in SM37.

We did this faced this issue yesterday too..

can you please write to me on rahulchitteinATgmailDOTcom?

Thanks you very much

Regards

Rahul Chitte