cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download SAP ERP 2005 SR2 and steps for Homogenious System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to download ERP 2005 SR2 DVDs can anybody let me know what and where are the DVDs i need to download from SAP installation location. i went to service.sap.com >> download >> SAP Installation and Upgrade >> My Company's Application Components >> SAP ERP >> SAP ERP 6.0 >> Ides version , i didt find SR2 but there is SR3. Can anybody tell me if SR2 is available or not?

My actual requirement is to make a Homogeniuos System Copy of my existing system based upon SAP Full backup.

My Plate form

Windows 2003 server 64 bit

MSSQL 2005 server

SAP ECC 6.0 ( SAP ERP 2005 SR2 ) ( Abap and Java)

I think i am missing my DVDs, thats why i need to download it.

If any body can tell me the procedure or link to proceed with Homogenious copy that would bevery nice.

I have System copy document but i want something more specific.

Can any body let me know if we can build SAP ERP 2005 SR3, based upon backup from ECC 6.0 (SAP ERP 2005 SR2).

Thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do a system copy it´s advised to use the LATEST installation master DVDs - so SR3 would be best.

The system copy guides are at

http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did not got answer to my second question am i at right place to download SAP ERP 2005 SR3 (service.sap.com >> download >> SAP Installation and Upgrade >> My Company's Application Components >> SAP ERP >> SAP ERP 6.0 >> Ides version )

thanks

Mandeep

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do a copy you can use (according to the link to the guide I posted you):

- an ERP installation Master

- an ERP installation Master for IDES

- a Netweaver installation Master

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did not got answer to my second question am i at right place to download SAP ERP 2005 SR3 (service.sap.com >> download >> SAP Installation and Upgrade >> My Company's Application Components >> SAP ERP >> SAP ERP 6.0 >> Ides version ) for full ECC 6.0.

according to me it should be if i am missing something please let me know

1. NW 7.0 SR3 Kernel 7.00 (I cd)

2. Java based S/w component (4 cds .. parts)

3. Export CDs ( 23 cds.. Parts )

4. Installation master (windows server x64 64 bit)

Do i need to download anything else.

One more question may be not related to this problem Can we install ECC 6 on Virtual machine (VM) ?

thanks

Mandeep

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To install a system read the Installation guides - they will tell you exactly what DVDs you need.

For the VM question see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/virtualization

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot, but a final question can we install SAP on Vrtual Machine or not ??

thanks

Mani

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> thanks a lot, but a final question can we install SAP on Vrtual Machine or not ??

Did you check the link I posted before?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

not yet fully explored it, but i want to know if its possible.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One sentence from that page:

"The use of virtualization technologies with VMware and XEN is now supported in SAP environments. Find out more details:..:"

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

please tell me how to download the sap software ,i tried this link but it is asking for username and password i gave this login id but it is not accepting

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have an S-User (a username starting with S) and a valid password you should contact your super-administrator to give you the permissions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

011000358700000344492008E.pdf

this is the document you need to download to know all your ansvers.

Answers (0)