cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On which server node j2ee application is running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi java gurus!

We are on the way of testing failover functions of j2ee applications by killing j2ee server process ....

And, first of all we should exactly know on which cluster nodes apllication is running.

Further, how to get to know where j2ee application is running if It was launched via SAP WEB Dispatcher?

With best regards,

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, any ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure long back i tried to check the same for one of my requrement using a piece of java script.

I guess we where looking into the cookie to get the details of the node.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using NW7.1 then you can check information regarding port ,different server node etc info in

SAP Management Console prospective.

You can get information about cluster,port etc also there.

Kind regards

Sarsij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarsij,

unfortunately we are on NW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ayyapparaj,

so you have written your own code, that generates additional info (regarding of current runtime application environment) into cookies ? But Is there any standard tools to get such information, like J2EE Admin...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Up!

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANy ideas?

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about this would help you or not. Anyway have a look at [IWDConfiguration|http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/services/sal/config/api/IWDConfiguration.html] API

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nikhil!

I'm afraid I don't know what to do with the mentioned j2ee API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who wants to know the server node? The application or the enduser?

Enduser: enter j a v a s c r i p t : a l e r t ( d o c u m e n t . c o o k i e ) into your adress bar. (without the white spaces, of course)

The server node is the value of the cookie saplb_*

Application: well, there is an API, but according to the spec, an application shouldn't depend on that information

Cheers, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

thank you for the answer!

Information is needed for me - J2EE Administrator. And I just need to know whether application is running on server0 or server1, and which host...

So It could be done just via parsing of cookie files? By default any j2ee application (user apllcations) is obliged to write there such information? What If I've just launched such a webDynPro, and It did'nt produced any cookies?

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have to do is type what Karsten Geiseler have mentioned in his post to your address bar you will get the details.

Thanks Karsten Geiseler , that helped me to recall what was done some time back.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir.

The saplb_* cookie is always there, no matter what kind of application you run.

It's the load balancing identifier:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/f2/d7914b8deb48f090c0343ef1d907f0/frameset.htm

Cheers, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

In NW 7.1 there exists also another way, at least in development systems:

Press CTRL-Alt Right-Click in the application window and select the context menu entry "Technical Info". In the popup window there is a tab "System Information" (not in production systems!). In that tab you find several infos about the system and especially a line like

Server node ID: |329582850|3295828|Server 00 32_3295828|>servername>/<ip-address>|SERVER|RUNNING

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respect to everyone involved in the discussion!

Finally, I've found out the id of j2ee's node in HttpFox plugin of Mozilla browser from the Cookie being sent:

saplb_* (J2EE5368000)5368050 End Of Session

JSESSIONID (J2EE5368000)ID0602844950DB11459898637670928245 End Of Session

Best regards,

Vladimir