cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Binding in ABAP Consumer Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to call a webservice using ABAP Proxy in Netweaver SPS 15.

We donot have XI in our landscape.

This is a siebel web service ( on our intranet ) and the url to call is

http://abc12345.abc.com:80/eai/wsprj?SWEExtSource=WebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute&Username=TEST_USR&Pas...

I tried to create a logical port ( Transaction LPCONFIG ) and put this whole URL and it works fine.

But abc12345 will be different on QA & PRD systems so I have to change in DEV and transport it which is not optimal solution.

I tried creating an HTTP Destination and put this into LPCONFIG with a URL suffix of

"eai/wsprj?SWEExtSource=WebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute" and it fails with Soap Error.

Is the special character "?" or "&" causing the issue??

I also tried to create a logical port in Soamanager using manual config and put "eai/wsprj?SWEExtSource=WebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute" in URL access path and it results in Soap error at runtime.

I tried WSDL based configuration with URL also but cannot even save the port as it gives error is HTTP destination creation. I also tried WSDL based configuration with local file. It creates the port but ignores the "?SWEExtSource=WebService&SWEExtCmd=Execute" part of URL which again gives saop error at runtime.

Any pointers on where I am going wrong. I want to be able to change these runtime parameters in QA/PRD either using HTTP destination with LPCONFIG or by creating a logical port using soamanager.

Thank You

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i can't open your URL link.Can you send WSDL.I think there is some error in URL or in WSDL.When you create

logical port in LPCONFIG you can give URL directly just putting ?WSDL at th end of URL and When you click operation tab you will find SOAP Action Name .Provide same in SOAP Action.

Regards

Snehasish

Edited by: Snehasish Das on Nov 23, 2008 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehashis,

The URL is an intrannet URL and will not work from internet.

Regarding Soap Action it is there in the logical port definition as I put it manually.

The problem is with HTTP Destination + URL Suffix. The option only URL does work perfectly.

Regards

Sanjay