cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i create sales order, In shipping view the plant and shipping point comes default but storage location is mannual. I have only one storage location and i dont want to fill it manualy.

I done enteries in OVL2 and OVL3. Still storage location is not comming automatic in sales order.

Would you please tell me which settings are required to make storage location default.

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Storage location is normally not determined in sales order

It is determined only in delivery

If you want storage location to be determined for sales order then you have to use userexit

If storage location is specified manually in sales order then it is copied into delivery

Otherwise it is determined using either MALA,RETA or MARE rules which we specify in delivery doc type

THIS IS STANDARD SAP

I think the userexit to get it determined in sales order is MV45AFZZ.

Dear Prashanth

Have you understood the common division concept which was discussed yesterday?

I was very keen to get your feed back because unless and until you extend the customer to that sales area in XD01 you will not be able to succeed because common div will not check MMR

I have spent a lot of time in explaining you this and it will give me a little satisfaction if you reply

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the answer Thanks to You All.

Dear Raja,

Your answer on common division which is correct but if i have 10 dist channels and 10 divisions than how to extend customer to all ?

What i did is, i have created one common division 00 and assigned it to all. Now i have second quary and for this i will give new thread.

Thanks All,

Prashant.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Your answer lies with:

[Storage Location|]

To determine storage location in Sale Order, there is no configuration available and it has to be achieved using exit USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB.

Maintain a Z-Table with the values based on which you want the storage location determination to happen. In the exit ask your abaper to write the code to pick up the relevant recors based on the criterion and then fetch the storage location. This way storage location will be automatically populated in the sale order.

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

I always have high regard on you and the way you are giving suggestions in this forum is commendable. But I am also sorry to say that it is not fair to just copy another members' style of writing and post as if you have posted.

Check this thread and you have copied Mr.GSL's suggestion as it is for which, I thought of showing my concern.

[Storage Location Determination at sales order |]

I apologise if this hurts but at the sametime, it is my duty to pinpoint these sort of unhealthy happenings. Always use your own style and that itself is very good. Hope you will take this request in right spirit !!!!!!!

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

How are you?

Thanks for you kind concern.

In general, I provide Links, for general issue/ query, as they are commonly discussed and available.

But, if there is any custom-issue/ query, I do add my comments (I think, you must have also noticed it).

This is because, at work-place, one doesn't have enough time to write/ reply each and every query in own words.

But, I'll take care in future, surely.

Very Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Ultimate goal is to provide solution to Users' Query/ Issues.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

On your comments "Ultimate goal is to provide solution to Users' Query/ Issues", I do absolutely agree that we are here to provide solutions as much as possible as we can but at the sametime, I also strongly believe that it should be in our own style. Of course, you can reproduce the same from help link but not from members. Again its only my request not to follow.

thanks for your understanding.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant

In sale order, to enable storage location flow automatically, you have to apply USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION in program MV45AFZB

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi