Sales Documents: OR- Standard Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody answer the following questions please:-

1) In sales documents for example OR we have

No range int assignment = 01

No range ext assignment= 02

Does this mean that this sales document can have both internal as well as external number range? And if that is the case then which of these two ranges takes precedence. I mean, if we create a sales order do we have to assign it a number (external assignment) or does the system generates the number for the sales order (internal assignment)? And if it is internal then can it be made external and vice a versa?

2) If we have a order related billing (F2), then is it still necessary to have a delivery type under shipping?

3) If we have delivery type as LF outbound delivery under the shipping section in standard order OR, then why do we have order related billing type F2 assigned to it under the billing section. It should only have delivery related billing since we can clearly see that we have an outbound delivery LF assigned to it. To Paraphrase it should only have one billing type and not two ( order related and delivery related) ?

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have run your query

If internal and external both no ranges assigned for a particular sales oc type in VOV8 then when you are creating the sales order you have to give your external no first and then SP and other details

If you do that that order is saved with the external no you have assigned

It means you have a choice

If you dont give external no in this case the system generates internal no

If you assign internal no only in VOV8 then system generates internal no

If you assign external only in VOV8 then when you create a sales order along with SP or even before SP you have to give external no and then only you can proceed with other details and the order is saved with the external no you have given

Hope i made it clear to you

For external no assignment make sure in VN01dont forget to tick the external no check box

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Raja

Regards

Deepak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

As I explained earlier Physical movement of goods has nothing to do with order related billing or delivery related billing

But where there is physical movement of goods it will be mostly delivery related billing

In order related billing like cash sales there is physical movement of goods

In third party sales the delivery is done by third party vendor not by us

So the classic example of involving physical movement of goods in order related billing is CASH SALES

Order related billing means the sales order is the source doc for reference for billing

Take cash sale Order type is CS upto ECC 5 and order type is BV from ECC 6 onwards

CASH SALES process is Order type Cs---del type BV --- Billing type BV

When you make the billing for cash sale with billing type BV Your sales order will be referred

Means in copy controls VTFA you will have controls between order typeCS--- billing type BV in standard

There wont be any keys defined in VTFL between del type BV---Billing type BV

In rush order or standard order you take process is OR-LF-F2

Means when you invoice a standard order your del doc is referred

Means in copy controls VTFL you will have controls between Del type LF --- billing type F2 in standard

There wont be any keys defined in VTFA between Order type OR---Billing type F2

So Dont confuse yourself on physical movement of goods

Order related and delivery related is controlled by item category

As i said earlier in a same order say OR you can have 2 items one with order related billing and another with delivery related billing and both these items may involve delivery

If that happens at the time of billing there will be invoice split and the order related billing will be invoiced separately with the billing type proposed in VOV8 for order related billing and

delivery related billing will be invoiced separately with the billing type proposed in VOV8 for delivery related billing

That is why you find billing type for both order related and delivery related billing in VOV8

Friend i have explained you to my fullest capacity

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for such a lucid explanation. My doubts stand cleared as far as delivery and order related billing are concerned.

but the problem with the number ranges still exist.. would be a great help if you would be able to shed some light on that topic...

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general we maintain internal number range and external number range in sales document type.

If you don't enter sales document number in VBELN field(standard order ) in sales order over view screen,

When you save the sales order system automatically creates internal number for sales order.

we have a option of enter sales document number in create sales order over view screen. we have to enter any number between external number range.

Goto VA01 and enter document type and sales area press enter, enter sales document number (external number ) sold to party and other information and save it.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Order related billing

Means your sales order is referred for billing

E.g Cash sales, Debit memo request, Credit memo request, Third party sales, Return order

Here you can see Cash sales , Third party and Return order there are physical movement of goods even then order related billing is used

in cash sale delivery is must, even then it is order related billing where there is physical movement of goods is there

Delivery related billing_

Means after your sales order you will be creating the delivery and that delivery doc is referred for billing_

e.g standard Order , Rush order etc

In item Category billing relevence field Controls whether it is order related or Delivery Related billing

Of course you should have copy controls in place

In VOV8 also if it is order related billing what billing type system has to pick up and if it is Delivery Related what billing type system has to pick up should haveen mentioned in the billing tab

This part answers your Qn no 2 and 3

In the same sales order you can have two items with different item categoriesone with order related billing and another with dellivery related billing then at the time of billing system picks up item 1 whose item cat is order related billing with billing type F1 and system picks up item 2 whose item cat is delivery related billing with billing type F2 provided you have such settings in VOV8

Hope it is clear to you

Order related billing items can have delivery involved like cash sale delivery type BV

For your Qn1 i dont have accesss to SAP now and so i am not able to give you confirmed soln

I think external no should take precedence in case both are set

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 22, 2008 4:51 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 22, 2008 4:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

your answer was of great help.. but why do Cash sales , Third party and Return order in spite of the fact that they involve physical movement of goods have order related billing assigned to them when logically speaking delivery related billing should have been used because they involve physical movement of goods?

And it would be of great help if you would let me know the answer to the first question..

Regards

Deepak

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak

1) Either of one you can have. For this, you should be having number range in VN01 and same has to be assigned in VOV8

2) In normal circumstances, OR is delivery related billing only but in some cases, you need to issue a credit memo or debit memo where you would not be referring the delivery document. In that case, you need to refer this OR

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

If that be the case then why do most of the standard documents have internal as well as external number ranges assigned to them under VOV8

Regards

Deepak