cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone provide me step by step configuration for variant BOM.

i have tried through search but not able to find any information or the exact process for configuring the variant BOM.

i know variant configuration and material BOM but confused about variant BOM, how it differes from material BOM and why it is required.

it would be better if it is explained with example.

thnx

Ashvin Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear amit,

thnx but i am not getting you.

i have created BOM materail (material no: 0001) and i have three component for that i.e. Material 0002, Mat. 0003 and Mat. 0004

now suppose i want to create variant for Material 0002 than how should i proceed.

thnx

Ashvin Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thnx for reply

i have already gone through all the related material but not able to understand.

i will be obliged to you if you can give me the exact procedure for variant BOM with example

Regards

Ashvin Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashvin,

Maintaining the Initial Screen for Creating a Variant BOM

How to maintain the initial screen for creating a variant BOM:

From the bills of material menu, choose Material BOM ® Create.

You see the Create material BOM initial screen.

Enter the data for the variant BOM you want to create.

The material for which you want to create a variant of an existing BOM cannot have a BOM with the same usage in the selected plant.

– In the Material field, enter the material for which you want to create a variant.

– In the Plant field, enter the plant in which you want the variant to be valid.

The BOM that you want to use to create a variant must exist in this plant.

You can extend the area of validity of the BOM later on by using the Create plant allocation function.

– Enter the Usage.

If a default parameter is defined for the Usage field in your user master, you see this value. Otherwise you see the usage that was last entered in this field.

When you select a usage, please note that the usage determines which item statuses you can set. This means that you can only maintain certain indicators (for example, relevant to production, relevant to costing) at item level.

The material that you want to use to create a new variant in the selected plant must already have a BOM with the usage that you enter here.

– Do not make an entry in the Alternative field, for a variant BOM.

In a variant BOM, the alternative is not relevant to the user. The alternative is only required internally for storing the variant BOM. For this reason, if you do make an entry in the Alternative field, the system ignores your entry.

Enter the validity data for the variant BOM.

See also:

Maintaining the Create Material BOM Initial Screen

If you create the variant with reference to a change number, the entire BOM group (this includes all variants of the variant BOM) has a history requirement.

This means that you can only change or extend the BOM if you enter a valid change number.

If you want to check the data you enter, choose Check entries.

Do not confirm your entries by choosing ENTER, because this creates a simple BOM.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashvin,

Check with SAP Standard Program - RCSBI030

Also, Refer:

[SAP Library - Varinat BOM|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b9164c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

[SAP Help - Variant BOM|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/c4/e51389a2f211d19dae0000e8323350/frameset.htm]

Best Regards,

Amit