cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3299 timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured sap router successfully,i maintained all the entries in routtab.

when iam login server through internet(i putted router string details and all).iam unable to login,

iam getting error : connection to host 59.52.25.13(this is my public ip),service 3299 timed out.guide me for the same.

Thanku.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First , Make sure that the router is up and running.

Second, if YOU want to connect to ur sap system using SAP router, make sure that the port 3299 is open for all incoming requests in the firewall.

To check this, try telnet to the public ip from internet to port 3299 and see if its getting connected. If its not getting connected, open this port in firewall.

telnet 59.52.25.13 3299

According to the error provided, check the above and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazz,

Thanks for quick response . When I try telnet 59.52.25.13 3299 , I am getting connection failed.

When I asked ISP (BSNL) to open ports for my IP they says , all ports are opened and they didn't block any ports.

I don't have any soft or hard firewall used in my network , I am able to ping 194.39.131.34 IP Addess.

I have one doubt that 3299 port has to be opened by SAP or my ISP vendor ? Because BSNL people are saying that none of the ports blocked.

Please advise

Thanks in advance.

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This port will open in your network only ask your network admin.

Go to my network plae then right click -

>local area connection then right click properity----->Advance-->setting--->Exception then add port 3299.

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards,

Pankaj Kumar Kalsayan

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Dec 8, 2008 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I try telnet 59.52.25.13 3299 , I am getting connection failed.

this means either this is not your router server's public address or the port 3299 on your router server is restricted to certain ips alone or your router is not running.

Your router server i believe must be on a local network which is natted/binded with a public ip. So, i suppose there must be a firewall on the network in which your router server is located. Your ISP will not be blocking this port. you will have to contact the network team on which the router server is hosted.

But you said :

I don't have any soft or hard firewall used in my network , I am able to ping 194.39.131.34 IP Addess.

If you dont have a firewall at your end, please make sure 59.52.25.13 is the public ip of your router machine. 194.39.131.34 looks like a local ip of your router i suppose. if you are able to ping the local ip 194.39.131.34, you must still be on the local network. make sure your the network in which you are trying to connect to the router can reach 59.52.25.13.

I have one doubt that 3299 port has to be opened by SAP or my ISP vendor ? Because BSNL people are saying that none of the ports blocked.

Port 3299 is the port in which your SAP router is running. It has to be open from the your router's network so that the external request cann connect to your router through your router's public ip to the port 3299.

hope this helps...

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanku for replys,i did the same.iam getting error : partner:59.52.25.13:3299 not reached.in sap router system firewall has been disabled,and we dont have any external firewall device. guide me for same.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly open the firewall ports, secondly to allow login from internet you have to make an entry

P * * * in the routtab which is not suggestable due to security reasons.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you sure 59.52.25.13 is the public ip for router? Can you ping the 59.52.25.13 from internet? From the error, it shows that its not reaching the router at all.

Please confirm if 59.52.25.13 is properly natted with your router public ip. then only you will be able to reach the router service from 59.52.25.13 to port 3299.

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jazz,

First one When Im pinging the 59.52.25.13 from internet iam getting response successfully.second thing 59.52.25.13 is properly natted with your router public ip(how i have to check this one natted properly or not).

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will have to contact the network guys who natted the public ip 59.52.25.13 to your router's local IP. If its natted properly, 59.52.25.13 will be able to connect to 3299 through telnet.

Regards,

Jazz

Answers (0)