cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic LE quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system will be acted as the following logic if we maintained palletilization data in the WM view of material master:

Basic data and settings:

(1) Purchase order

PO Item: 10

Material Number: M1-010

Quantity: 100 pc

(2) WM view of Material Master

Palletilization data

LE Qty: 40 pcs

LE Unit: pc

(3)Capaticy check method of storage type: 4

If I perform GR with above purchase order, 3 TO items will be created as follows:

TO item 1 40 pcs

TO item 2: 40 pcs

TO item 3: 20 pcs

If I delete the palletilization data in the material master, only 1 TO item will be created as follows:

TO item1: 100 pcs

Current requirement is: we don't want to set any palletilization data in the WM view of material master, If we have 3 storage bins with the

following remaining capacity

BIN 10-001: (remaining capacity: 10 pcs)

BIN 10-003: (remaining capacity: 30 pcs)

BIN 10-004: (remaining capacity: 60 pcs)

We hope the TO items can be created for above PO as follows :

TO item 1 10 pcs

TO item 2: 30 pcs

TO item 3: 60 pcs

i.e. we hope every storage bin can be used fully, the TO items can be created/split by each remaining storage bin capacity.

So how o realize above requirement? Kindly please advise.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tt,

This is just my opinion, I can be mistaken very easily:

Current logic of SAP is totally different from the logic you mentioned.

SAP first decides what to move (palletization), and after this it tries to determine where to place it (putaway strategy).

If you define the minimum lot size of the goods (I mean the minimum qty of the product that cannot be devided into smaller parts from warehosuing point of view - e.g. the smallest box) in material master (WM view palletization), you can use "addition to existing stock" startegy.

You can also mention "1" in material master (palletization data) in this case it will work, the problem is that your TO may have huge number of items.

Of course, addition to existing stock works only if the batch (generally: the characteristics of the quants) is the same or you do not use batch.

If you want the system to first check the stock situation in your WH and after that it should make the palletization, I'm afraid you have to use user exit (MWMTO007).

(Just my point of view as I mentioned and maybe there's standard solution for this I don't know about)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Yes, what you described is just my requirements.

Yes, palletilizaiton "1" is not suitable as huge TO items can be created, and it's not realizable for TO confirmation via RF.

If no standard solution except enhancement, your solution will be the best solution.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)