cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new printer driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to add new printer driver in SAP application server , how to add new driver?

Actually we have some graphics and fonts which is not supporing SAPWIN .we have different printers ,these printers I could not see in SPAD .

I foung many notes which did not help me . Can you please suggest step by step how to add new driver.

Please dont suggest help.sap.com , It will not help me .

- Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're a Unicode system look into using device type SWINCF, this is the Unicode version of SAPWIN. And PDFUC in place of PDF1.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I issue the Print output by selecting the Configured SAP network

printer, The barcodes are not printing.Instead of barcode it print big

number.

But When i select the "Local printer" (which has barcode printing

facility) barcode print fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Braille,

Thanks for the help.We have different printers like HP,Kyocera and etc.. what is the standard url can get drivers for SAP?

Also once we download and then import do we need to do any post activities

to get actual print fonts?

- Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Please find the download links for printer drivers for SAP.

HP:

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/37011-0-0-0-121.html

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, you need to download the sap driver of your printer model from the manufacturers websites, usually the file has an extension *.pri this is different from windows drivers. Next, save the file to a any directory (e.g. c:\temp) then logon to your System. In TCODE spad > goto Utilities > For Device types > select Import. A window will be opened > tick Device Type >

Object name: type the exact filename of your downloaded file (xxx.pri) to be imported

Mode: IMPORT

F8/Execute

Select the Local Object button and browse to the location of downloaded file and select open, this will start the import process. When import process is complete a pop message will be shown "Object successfully imported"

Note: For alternative drivers try to use ZSAPWIN.

Hope this helps.

Braille