cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN707, SE721

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we make messages CN707 & SE721 as error messages from information messages..

These are messages for avoiding change in the qty of services and materials if a PO already exists.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved thru CNEX0009

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vala,

I need to do same settings as you did.

i.e. System should give error message while deleting an item from Project if PR/PO existes for that Material.

Can you tell me steps about your setting??

Thanks and Regards,

Atul R. Rajmane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for your requirement ,you can use CNEX0039 user exit,as u want to have a check for deletion of item.If u want ti have check over changing an item use CNEX0038.Get the help of an ABAPer and do it.

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vala,

We have tried a lot of option for getting required results.

Can you give some inputs for the development you did for avoid changes in material Qty if any PR/PO exists which I can share with my ABAP'r to solve this issue.

Thanks for inputs and replay me in detail??

Thanks and Regards,

Atul R. Rajmane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont have the codes with me,but i can tell you the logic on which he wrote that user exit.Normally this this user exit will be called while we save the project.

Let us take a case of 100 bags of cement,the PO has been genrated for this amount.

The next time someone changes the QTY from 100 to 150 bags once they press enter the value will chang to 150 bags,but this will be stored in a variable say COMP_new..what ever the old number was there stored in the table taken is taken into a variable Comp_old.Now when u click on save this user exit will be called, this will check the field Purchase order exists(Check box) in the material component detail page is checked or not,if it is checked the COMP_new will be replaced by COMP_old value.That is how it works..in the case of service once the PO is generated the service line will become grey which is a standard functionality.

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vala,

Thanks for your deatiled reply. I got the logic.

Just one last thing. My Purchase Order Exist check box will not ticked whenever the PO is exist for that matl component in material component overview deatiled screen??

Is there any config for it or some note need to be apply let me know?/

Thanks and Regards,

Atul R. Rajmane

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try txn OBA5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra for your reply,

The application area of these messages CN & SE are not there in OBA5,How can I proceed.....

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

txn SM31, table v_t100sa maintain

new entry appl area CN

txn SM31, table v_t100s maintain

new entry appl area CN

now try OBA5

repeat for SE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

thanks for your reply

I followed the steps suggested by you,but unfortunately i am getting the following message,and the system throws me out of the transaction OBA5........

No control of messages is possible for work area CN

Message no. BF00403

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in that case the only option you have is to use a development

heck or any user exit

there is non in PS module but there might be in other modules

use txn SMOD to check std user exits