Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM_Class Characteristic

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

Can anybody tell me about Class characteristics? Its exact use, its step by step procedure to work out.

I followed following steps up till now. But can not understand how exactly the inspection results get transferred to batch class and how they appear when someone displays that batch.

Steps Followed,

u2022 Creation of class Characteristic (CT04)

u2022 Creation of Batch Class (CL01)

u2022 Assignment of above created classed characteristic to the Batch Class at the time of class creation. (CL01)

u2022 Assignment of batch class to material master in classification view. (MM01)

u2022 Creation of MIC with reference to above created Class characteristic (QS21)

u2022 Creation of inspection plan with above MIC (QP01)

u2022 Creation of new batch (external numbering) for the material (MSC1N)

u2022 Creation of manual lot for 89 lot origin (QA01)

u2022 Result recording and usage decision (QA32)

Queries,

1. After this where these results get reflected? I checked in MSC3N. Unfortunately I could not find anything.

2. Am I missing something in above procedure?

3. Anything special that should be considered at the time of batch creation?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Are you getting the Anchor sign for the MIC line item in the inspection plan?

If you are getting it then it must transfer the result.

Regards,

Shyamal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Shyamal,

Thanks for so prompt reply. Yeah, I am getting Anchor sign for this MIC in inspection plan and the whole line became grey. I am sorry but I am still not getting how to see these transferred inspection results in msc3n.

Best Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

i m also trying the Class characteristic and not found the data of RR transfer in the batch.Also plz reply where the *anchor sign* is displayed in Char at inspection plan.

with regards

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

After entering the results in QE51N, At the time of Valuating the operation you will get one push button to transfer the results to the Batch characteristics, click it to transfer the results to Batch. Now check it in the MSC3N.

Regards

Venkat.V

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for suggestion. I checked in QE51N. I could not find a push button to perform the task. Whether this result transfer activity does not happen automatically when we save results either in QA32 or in QE51? I mean every time whether user has to transfer these results manually?

Also I am still not clear about the exact use of this? Why one should transfer the results to batch? What benefits one can get by doing this activity?

I will be very grateful to all of you if you can explain me with suitable practical example.

Sincerely,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anand,

In pharma, Let us take one batch of raw material with characteristic ASSAY(Value of Assay plays a vital role in manufacturing of Pharma products. Based upon this value we do Batch determination and MQC calculation. this value may change with respect to time).

At the time of GR (MIGO), GR person has to enter batch characteristics. So the batch will contain Assay value as given in the test certificate by Supplier/Vendor (i.e. Assay value at the time of manufacturing the Raw Material). After testing GR inspection lot, you will get one more value for ASSAY which needs not to be same as previous value but lies within in the tolerance limit. Since this is the latest Assay value for the batch, hence we need to replace the earlier value through Batch classification (i.e. through reference characteristic).

In the same manner if you do retest after some time, you may get some other value. The same has to be updated in the Batch.

Hope it is clear to you.

Regards

Venkat.V

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Let me thank you first of all for taking pains to type so nicely!!

Yeah, you have explained almost completely. This is quite useful to me. I am still facing why my inspection results are not getting transferred.I will let you know if I find something.

Thanks again,

Good day ahead!

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Hope you checked all the possiblities. Any way check this... Activate Insp. with Material spec. for Inspection type, Maintain material specification in QS61 and rerun the cycle.

Thanks and regards

Venkat.V

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection results are only transferred to the batch record under the following scenarios:

In all cases, the mics must be created with reference to the general characteristics (which you indicate you did)

1) As stated in a previous reply, you can set the config setting in the plant settings. "batch valuation w/o material specification." This should be checked on.

2) You maintain a material specification and in the material master you select "inspect with material spec". (You might have this checked in addition to "inspect with task list".) You can not unlock the characteristic in the inspection plan in this case. The specs come from the batch. If you break the link, the values do not transfer. (unless the above config setting was set).

In both case you maintain the 023 (or 022) batch class for the material.

Keep in mind values are only transferred to the batch when an inspection point is valuated or a UD is made.

Hope this helps.

Craig

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am closing the thred!

Thanks for your valuable inputs as it really served as value addition input for me.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Please check following setting in SPRO.

QM->Maintain Settings at Plant Level->Insp. completion tab->Batch Valuation without material spec should be ON for transferring results thru RR screen to Batch.

Tanuj Parikh

0 Kudos

Hi I have this problem:

Assign a characteristic error with reference to a class characteristic in the inspection plan

It is saved

And it becomes entering the inspection plan, and not the property that is referenced to a feature class

I have reviewed the configuration and is ok

Thask

Luis