cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail package with attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to send a flat file as attachment through the mail adapter in combination with the mail package because I have to communicate with several partners and I want to determine dynamically the "To:" depending on a field in the source structure (an IDoc).

The scenario is almost complete. I've created the file as mail attachment using the MessageTransformBean module and it works fine but how can I map the xml structure needed for the mail package?

I've already check the following weblogs but I didn't find the answer to my question.

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/srinivas.reddy/blog/2005/02/11/model-driven-architecturemda-for-dummies

Thank you!

Ciao

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After several tries, it seems it's not possible to work with MessageTransformBean in combination with the mail package. In fact, it's not possible to convert the xml inside the content tag of the mail message (http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30) to a flat file structure because the MessageTransformBean has to be called before the mail package conversion...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aravindh,

but I was able to create the attachment and I don't need to change dynamically the name of the file, I need to change the "To:" through the mail package functionality...

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

c if Michal's latest blog helps you.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ehi! Nobody knows?!?

Neither Michal nor $udhir nor Stefan?!?

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

Refer to the How-to Guide on Mail Adapter at the below link.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

You're right it was 1361 instead of 1261.

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano

Just a quick confirmation, did you check this blog by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

because your message mentions the blog id as 1261.

cheers

SAmeer